- 200 g 00 flour, plus extra for flouring/rolling
- 2 eggs
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 50 g unsalted butter, cubed
- 60 g olive oil
- 1 Large Brown Onion, peeled and quartered
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled
- 400 g Mushroom, Mixed (see notes), chopped
- 100 g white wine
- 150 g thickened cream
- fresh parsley, handful, plus extra for serving
- 50 g Parmesan cheese, cut into 3 cm pieces, for serving
1h 0minPreparation 1h 0minBaking/Cooking
8Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
1. Prepare pasta dough as per recipe on Pg. 58 of the Thermomix Basic Cookbook, up to and including Step 2.
2. Allow cut pasta to rest while preparing sauce. (See notes for resting fettucine)
3. When ready, bring pot of salted water to a rapid boil and cook pasta, as per instructions in the BCB. (Approx. 3-4 minutes, depending on shape).
4. Strain and toss through sauce, serve hot.
1. Add parmesan cheese to mixing bowl and grate 10 sec / sp 9 and transfer to a bowl and set aside. Rinse mixing bowl and dry.
2. Add parsely to mixing bowl (leave a few sprigs for serving if you wish). Chop 3 sec / sp 7. Transfer to a small bowl and set aside.
3. Add garlic and onion to mixing bowl and chop 3 sec / sp 5.
4. Add butter and olive oil to mixing bowl and saute garlic and onion 3 min / 120° / sp 1. MC off.
5. Add mushrooms to mixing bowl and cook 3 min / 100° / REV / sp 1
6. Add white wine and cook 3 min / 100° / / sp 1, MC off.
7. Add cream and parsley to wine and mushroom mixture and cook for a further 5 min / 80° / / sp 1.
**Cook pasta as per instructions above. Strain, reserving a cup of cooking water, and transfer to serving bowl (or pot).
8. Pour sauce over prepared pasta and toss to coat the pasta in sauce. Serve hot with a sprinkle of parmesan and sprig of parsley.
Fresh Fettucine (or shape of your choice) - 40 mins
Mushroom and Garlic Sauce - 20 mins
*Use a mix of mushrooms of your choice - I like portabello and swiss browns for a rich mushroom flavour, or button mushrooms for a more subtle flavour.
*Keep some long life cream in the pantry to make this a quick, go-to staple on those busy nights.
*If time allows, it is beneficial to allow your pasta to rest after its been cut. When making fettucine (or other long shapes), I use a clean clothes horse to hang my strands on. A pasta dryer is another alternative. This will save you adding additional flour to pasta to prevent it sticking together prior to cooking.
*Add diced bacon at Step 4 of sauce if you wish. You may also like to reduce wine or garlic to your tastes.
*Pasta can be frozen prior to cutting. Allow dough to thaw overnight in fridge. Bring to room temp and roll/ shape as normal.
*Dried pasta can also be used as a quick alternative - without the pasta, this recipe is a fast 20 mins!
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Vegan Moussaka
- Quick & Versatile Vegetable Fritters with Yoghurt Dressing
- Sweet Potato Congee
- Stir Fry Veggies
- Cauliflower tacos with chipotle sauce
- Soba noodle mee goreng
- "I can't believe it's not Butter Chicken" - Vegan Butter Chicken
- Curry Spiced Chick Pea Wrap (Flat Bread)
- Satay coconut curried vegetables
- Spicy Mexican Bowl with Avocado
- Masoor dal, red lentil curry
- Mushroom Wellington