THERMOMIX ® RECIPE
- dash black pepper, ground
- pinch sea salt
- 500 g broccoli, washed and chopped
- 500 g cauliflower, washed and chopped
- 7 cloves garlic, skin on
- bunch thyme leaves, fresh
- 800 grams chopped tomatoes, canned
- 1 dash red wine vinegar, good quality
- 30 cannelloni shells
- Cheddar cheese, grated, for sprinkling over the top
- bechemal sauce, double the ingredients
Grate cheese for sprinkling on top
Steam cauliflower and broccoli in the Varoma and rice basket for 20 min.
Drain and keep 1MC full of the water used when steaming.
Without washing the bowl, put the garlic in and put the machine on reverse, speed 6 for about 6 seconds. This it to remove the skins. Open and take all the skins out and then puree the garlic for a few seconds on speed 10 until finely chopped.
Fry garlic (and anchovies and chillis if using) at 100 degrees for 2 min, slowly putting the cauliflower and broccoli through the hole in the lid. Then set for 18 min, speed 2, 100degrees.
While this is cooking, pour in the chopped tomato as a base into the tray/s you are using for the cannelloni. Add a good dash of the vinegar and salt and pepper.
Once Broccoli and Cauliflower is finished, puree for two minutes, then scrape from the bowl onto a tray or something for it to cool down. Without washing the bowl, put the white sauce ingredients in for 12 min.
While white sauce is cooking, stuff cannelloni tubes, either using a sandwich bag with a corner cut off, a piping bag, or a teaspoon (I suggest putting some in either end of the tube). Lay these onto the tomato base, and then cover the whole thing with white sauce and top with cheese of your choice.
Cook at about 190 degrees until cannelloni is cooked (usually about 35-45 minutes)
Put the cannelloni tubes into the empty trays before starting so that you can see how many you need in each tray. You can either put a double layer in one deep tray or a single layer in two shallower trays.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Overnight Oats with stewed Apple and Rhubarb
- Easy Pav Bhaji (Mix veg mash)
- Vegetarian Sausage Rolls
- Puttanesca Sauce
- Spicy pumpkin and pea quinoa
- Vegan coconut chickpea curry
- Italian Vegetable Risotto
- Nutty chickpea and sweet potato curry - kid friendly
- Red Lentil, Chickpea & Coriander Dahl (adapted from Woolworths Magazine)
- Silverbeet and Rice Bake
- Apple and Cinnamon Porridge
- FODMAP friendly Eggplant Curry
- Creamy chicken Kiev
- Thai spicy sweet chilli sauce
- Thai spicy sweet chilli sauce
- Cheesy Broccoli Soup - LCHF
- Chili con Carne Risotto
- Variation Curried Sausages
- Variation Roasted Pumpkin and Mushroom Risotto
- Broccoli Tabouleh
- Variation KASUNDI - Spicy Indian Chutney
- Mushroom Caulisotto
- Crab and sweetcorn chowder
- Minced Beef Risotto