- 150 grams buckwheat groats
- 1000g water
- 3 medium kumara
- 6 yams sliced
- 1 caramelised red onion
- 1 cup toasted mixed seed
- 6 diced dried figs
- 1 finely sliced celery stalk
- 1 handful parsley
- juice of 1 lemon
- 50g grapeseed oil
- 1 tsp djon mustard
- 1 tsp pomegranite molases
8Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
Place Buckwheat in Steaming basket and water in TM bowl. Cook 15 minutes Varoma speed 2.
At the same time place Yams and Kumara in Varoma tray and steam as Buckwheat cooks. The Yams will take longer to cook so place them in the lower tray of Varoma dish.
Meanwhile whisk together dressing ingredients.
Remove Buckwheat from steaming basket and pour over dressing while still hot.
While Buckwheat cools slightly finely slice celery and figs
Stir through remaining ingredients and serve.
Seeds used in this recipe were a mixture of sunflower and sesame. Alternatively a combination almonds and pistachios works well. These can be dry roasted in the Thermomix or in a pan on the stove while Buckwheat cooks.
Replace Buckwheat with Bulgur wheat or Puy Lentils cooked the same way
Yams are specific to New Zealand - you can either omit or add a root vegetable ;like parsnip or carrot
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Ejjeh (Lebanese Omelette)
- Cheesy vegan Caulisotto
- Vegan Variation Alyce Alexandra's Coconut lamb curry
- Sweet corn fritters
- Aussie potato scallops or Potato Cakes
- Stirfry greeg beans with potato
- Quinoa, Chickpea & Spinach Balls in Tomato Sauce
- Mild Capsicum Soup
- Zucchini and Lettuce Soup
- Vegan Moussaka
- Quick & Versatile Vegetable Fritters with Yoghurt Dressing
- Sweet Potato Congee
- Black Bean & Wild Rice Polenta Wedges
- Crunchy Carrot Falafel
- Lentil Patties, Horseradish Mash & Caramelised onions
- Coconut Yogurt - automated
- Chicken Massaman
- Orzo Basil Salad
- Cauliflower Cous Cous Salad
- Blueberry and Coconut Cake
- Mango Dream
- Hazelnut Plum Friand
- Creamy Cauliflower Soup
- Steamed Pork Meatballs