- 1 bunch coriander
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 onion
- 3 garlic cloves
- 5 centimetres ginger
- 2 tablespoons Baba's Curry Powder
- 250 g dried red lentils, rinsed
- 400 g Canned Chickpeas, drained & rinsed
- 400 g coconut cream
- 120 g baby leaf spinach
- 1 lemon, juice only
8Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
1. Remove the leaves from the coriander stems and set aside.
2. Place coriander stems (and roots if present); onion (quartered), ginger and garlic cloves in TM bowl. Chop 5-10 sec / Sp 5 / MC on. Scrape down sides of bowl.
3. Add coconut oil to TM bowl. Cook 4 mins / 90 deg / Sp 1 / MC off.
4. Add Baba's curry powder to TM bowl. Cook 1 min / 90 deg / Sp1 / MC off.
5. Add red lentils, chickpeas; coconut cream & 350g water to TM bowl. Cook 40 mins / 90 deg / reverse / Sp 1 until lentils are tender.
6. Meanwhile, rinse spinach leaves and place in Thermoserver. Add lemon juice and coriander leaves, reserving some for garnish.
7. Once lentils are tender, add cooked dahl to the Thermoserver bowl. Stir through the spinach, lemon juice and coriander leaves. Season with salt & pepper if desired.
Accessories you need
Serve with steamed rice, naan bread and pappadums.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Beetroot and Feta Burger
- Seitan (vegan mock meat) with crumb mix and gravy
- vegan mac and cheese (veganhuggs)
- vegan chickpea loaf
- Chipotle Vegetable Chilli Bowls
- Vegan Spaghetti Bolognese (adapted from I Quit Sugar/Sami Bloom)
- Misty Moos Dahl
- Spinach and Ricotta Ravioli in Creamy Pesto Sauce
- LCHF egg curry
- Pumpkin Lasagne
- Hops biz zejt
- Stuffed Peppers
- Sweet potato fritters
- Chicken Paella
- Gluten free low carb mini quiches
- Lamb Saag Curry (FODMAP friendly)
- Beetroot and Feta Burger
- Green Tomato Chutney
- Zucchini Slice
- Spicy Rum BBQ Sauce
- Beef Chili with Canadian twist
- Roasted snapper with Romesco, pickled vegetable and ricotta salad and a pink grapefruit Hollandaise - Mark Southon
- Mango mousse
- Chocolate Gingerbread Fudge