- 100 g Firm Cheese, (like Parmesa), cubed
- 1 leek, roughly chopped
- 100 g semolina
- 500 g ricotta cheese
- 150 g bread crumbs
- 2 Eggs.
- 1 tablespoon cardamom powder
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 l water
- 100 g ricotta cheese
- 1 spring onions, chopped
- 20 g Butter
- 20 g olive oil
- half tablespoon cardamom powder
Place Parmesan, semolina and leek in TM and chop 20 seconds, slowly increasing the speed to speed 9.
Scrape down and add ricotta, bread crumbs, eggs, cardamom, salt and pepper and mix for about 1 minute, speed 4, helping with the spatula.
Shape the mixture into small balls, 4 to 5 cm in diameter (let’s say as big as a walnut) and place them in the Varoma dish and in tray, slightly greased. Pay attention that the balls don’t touch each other.
Add water into the TM (you don’t need to wash it!) and place the Varoma into position. Steam 20 minutes/Varoma/Speed 3.
Once cooked, place the cheese balls into the Thermo Server.
Discard the water into the TM and add the onion spring. Chop 7 seconds, speed 7 and scrap down. Add oil and butter and sauté 2 minutes, speed 2, 100 °C
Add ricotta and cardamom and warm up 3 minutes, speed soft, reverse, 90 °C.
Cover the cheese balls with the sauce and serve immediately.
I like this “exotic adaptation” of polpettine. If you prefer a more traditional version, you should substitute the leek with parsley and the cardamom with nutmeg. Serve with tomato (pasta) sauce (from Everyday cooking…for every family! book) and sprinkle with grated Pecorino Cheese.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Cauliflower, Paneer and Pea Curry:
- Almond Sushi “Rice”
- Macaroni and Cheese
- Zucchini with tomato (kosa a banadoura)
- Thai Brinjal and Tomato Soup
- FODMAP Friendly Lentil Bolognaise
- Red Lentil Dahl
- Jamie Oliver’s eggplant dhal
- Tostadas - Jo Whitton
- Spinach Pie aka Spanakopita
- Thai Green Curry Recipe With Spring Vegetables:
- Beer Brownies
- Apricot almond cake with rosewater and cardamom
- Homemade Protein Powder
- Purple Carrot Salad
- Purple carrot soup with ginger, rosemary and coriander seed
- Diet Crème Dessert
- White chocolate cupcakes
- Curried Prawns and Cauliflower
- Eggplant Veloute
- Salmon souffled tart
- Beetroot and cashew salad
- Strawberry Risotto
- Venetian Biscuits
- Chocolate Coconut Biscuits
- Old-Fashioned Cooked Mayonnaise
- Peanut Salad Dressing Recipes
- Super simple Orange and poppy seed cake...perfect for kids to make!
- Sweet Potato & Lentil Soup
- Creamy chicken pasta / Mac
- The Best butter cream frosting
- Date, Apricot and Orange Scones
- Variation Balti Beef Curry
- Curried Sausages
- Stem ginger in Syrup