- 1 onion, halved
- 5 g Extra Virgin Olive Oil (EVOO)
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1-2 teaspoon Mexican Chilli Powder
- 1 teaspoon ground paprika
- 1 400g tin kidney beans or black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 440g tin corn kernels, drained
- 1 400g tin diced tomatoes
- lime juice and corriander to taste
- 2 tomatoes, diced
- 100g baby spinach
- 1 avocado, diced
8Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
Scrape down the sides of the bowl.
Add EVO to the TM bowl and saute for 3 minutes at 100 degrees, speed 1.
Add the spices to the TM bowl. Saute for 2 minutes at 100 degrees, speed 1.
Add the beans, diced tomatoes and corn kernels.
Cook for 10 minutes at 100 degrees, reverse speed 1.5.
Meanwhile, dice the tomato and avocado.
When cooked, divide the chilli con carne among serving bowls and toss through the baby spinach.
Top with avocado, fresh diced tomato, coriander and a squeeze of lime juice.
You could add red capsicum when you add the onion.
This recipe is an adaptation of a recipe by The Healthy Chef, converted for the Thermomix.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Breakfast Beans
- Bok Choy with garlic and oyster sauce
- Vegetarian Tacos or Bean Dip
- Spicy Black Bean Burger
- Brown Rice & Lentil Burgers
- Indian Style Dhal with spinach & tomatoes
- Stir fried broccoli
- Spicy Kale and quinoa salad
- Stir Fry Green Beans
- Mujaddara - Lentils and Rice
- Vegan Creamy Mushroom and Garlic Pasta Sauce
- Chicken Loaf style seitan (vegan meat)