- 50 g Parmesan cheese, cubed
- 1 brown onion, halved
- 1 garlic clove
- 4 sprigs fresh parsley
- 180 g bacon, approx 4 rashers
- 30 g olive oil
- 400 g rice, arborio or carnaroli
- 100 g dry white wine
- 1.5 tbsp TM vegetable stock concentrate
- 1.1 litre water
- 200 g Brocolli
- 20 g Butter
- salt & pepper, to taste
1. Place Parmesan into mixing bowl and grate 10 sec / speed 9. Set aside and rinse and dry mixing bowl.
2. Chop onion, garlic and parsley 3 sec / speed 7. Scrape down sides of bowl.
3. Add bacon and oil and saute 3 min / 100 degrees / / speed 1.
4. Add rice and wine and saute 2 min / 100 degrees / / speed 2.
5. Add stock and water and cook 12 min / 100 degrees / / speed 2.
6. Add brocolli and cook 4 min / 100 degrees / / speed.
7. Pour into Thermoserver, season to taste and stir through reserved parmesan and butter. Allow to rest prior to serving.
This recipe was created "on the fly" just prior to a demonstration when the host discovered that one of her guests was allergic to mushrooms and we had chosen the Mushroom Risotto. The host and I had the thought of bacon & brocolli instead and it worked perfectly on the night. Of course, I didn't take a photo of it then and I've had to make it 4 times to get the recipe right and remember to take a photo.
Hope you enjoy!
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.