- 100 grams leek
- 30 grams Butter
- 30 grams plain flour
- 1 level tsp Dijon mustard
- 500 grams Milk
- 150 grams Tasty cheese, Grated
- 50 grams parmesan cheese grated
- 2 level tbsp breadcrumbs
- Salt & Pepper, to taste
- 2 --- cups of macaroni pasta, (this is the amount before cooking)
Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
Cook 2 cups of macaroni pasta in a pot of boiling water while you prepare the sauce.
Place roughly chopped leek in mixing bowl and chop 10sec/Speed 5
Scrape down bowl
Add 30g butter and cook 3min/100deg/speed 1 reverse
Add 30g plain flour and 1 tsp dijon mustard and cook 3min/100deg/speed 1 reverse
Add 500grams milk, salt and pepper to taste and cook 6min/90deg/speed 4 reverse
Add 150g grated tasty cheese and combine 15sec/speed 4 reverse
Combine cooked macaroni pasta and sauce in the pot and pour into a baking dish (I use a 2lt rectangular dish)
Sprinkle 1tbsp of breadcrumbs over the top, then 50g of parmesan cheese, then 1tbsp of breadcrumbs. If you use a wider, shallower dish you may need more cheese and breadcrumbs.
Cook in the oven at 190deg for 20mins
Accessories you need
You can change the parmesan cheese to any similar cheese. This is mild tasting but you can add extra mustard or omit it if you wish. You could also increase the amount of tasty cheese to 200grams if you like.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Mums best ever pasta sauce
- Pate au Pistou
- Duo Rice; Boiled Rice and Steamed Cauliflower Rice
- Garlicky Chicken and Spring Vegetable Risotto
- Variation Risotto Arrabbiata
- Vegan Pasta Carbonara
- Variation Cajun Dirty Rice (with Chorizo and Shrimp)
- Variation to the variation of Chunky Spaghetti Bolognese
- Rice and lentils (majadra)
- Pasta Alla Norma
- Chicken spinach and basil dumplings
- Salmon Mornay with rice
- Chocolate Hot Cross Buns
- White Chocolate and Apricot Hot Cross Buns
- Corn and Zucchini Fritters with Chives (Gluten Free)
- Bulletproof Coffee
- Zucchini Donuts
- Choc Peanut Butter Bliss Balls
- Passionfruit Jelly cakes with Vanilla Custard Cream filling
- Honey and Rosemary Upside Down Fig Cake
- FAILSAFE PIZZA POCKETS
- Supersoft Bread
- Jalapeño Corn Bread
- Ouma's Banana bread