- 100 grams leek
- 30 grams Butter
- 30 grams plain flour
- 1 level tsp Dijon mustard
- 500 grams Milk
- 150 grams Tasty cheese, Grated
- 50 grams parmesan cheese grated
- 2 level tbsp breadcrumbs
- Salt & Pepper, to taste
- 2 --- cups of macaroni pasta, (this is the amount before cooking)
8Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
Cook 2 cups of macaroni pasta in a pot of boiling water while you prepare the sauce.
Place roughly chopped leek in mixing bowl and chop 10sec/Speed 5
Scrape down bowl
Add 30g butter and cook 3min/100deg/speed 1 reverse
Add 30g plain flour and 1 tsp dijon mustard and cook 3min/100deg/speed 1 reverse
Add 500grams milk, salt and pepper to taste and cook 6min/90deg/speed 4 reverse
Add 150g grated tasty cheese and combine 15sec/speed 4 reverse
Combine cooked macaroni pasta and sauce in the pot and pour into a baking dish (I use a 2lt rectangular dish)
Sprinkle 1tbsp of breadcrumbs over the top, then 50g of parmesan cheese, then 1tbsp of breadcrumbs. If you use a wider, shallower dish you may need more cheese and breadcrumbs.
Cook in the oven at 190deg for 20mins
Accessories you need
You can change the parmesan cheese to any similar cheese. This is mild tasting but you can add extra mustard or omit it if you wish. You could also increase the amount of tasty cheese to 200grams if you like.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Claypot Rice
- Spaghetti Marinara
- Aglio Olio
- Easy-Peasy Macaroni Cheese(y)
- Creamy Bacon Carbonara
- Family Spag Bowl
- Brown Rice and Chicken Salad with Asian style dressing
- More Again Dairy Free Carbonara
- More Again Risotto
- Prawn & Lemon Risotto
- Chicken, Spinach and Sun-dried Tomato Fettuccine
- 20 minute broccoli pesto pasta
- Lisa's Banana Muffins
- Hot cross buns
- Protein bars
- Chocolate Crackle Egg Nests
- Vegan “cheese” puffs
- Sweet curry with crumbed chicken on cous cous
- CREAM FILLED ECLAIRS WITH CHOCOLATE GANACHE
- Banana Spelt Muffins
- White Chocolate & Cream Cheese Buttercream Icing
- Spiced chocolate doughnuts - Louise Keats
- Quick Mix Vanilla Ice Cream
- Blueberry and Lemon Hot Cross Buns