- 1/2 jar Korma paste
- 260 g Plain Greek Yoghurt
- 600 g Chicken Thigh or Breast Fillet
- 25 g Olive Oil.
- 1 Medium Brown Onion Halved
- 2 cloves garlic
- 5 g Fresh Ginger Peeled
- 2 truss tomatoes
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 1 bay leaf
- 300 g basmati rice
- 300 g chicken stock liquid
- 25 g coriander leaves and roots(or more to taste)
- Extra Plain yoghurt and coriander leaves to serve
Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
1. Combine Yoghurt and Korma Curry paste in a bowl and add cubed chicken. Mix together to coat and cover for as long as possible. Ideally overnight, I do 30 mins (still tastes great)
2. Add onion cut in half, garlic, ginger and coriander leaves in TM 10 sec speed 10. Scrape down bowl. If using root of coriander you may want to blitz a further 3 sec speed 10
3. Add oil and saute 2.30mins 115 degrees speed 2
4. Add truss tomatoes cut in quarters, cinnamon stick and bay leaf and saute 2 mins 115 degrees speed 2
5. Add Chicken with all the Yoghurt and Korma paste, add Basmati rice, chicken stock and mix with spatula. cook 22mins, 100 degrees, reverse speed 1, MC off and Basket on top
6. Check TM bowl during cooking to make sure there is still liquid for absorption. I have never had to add liquid.
7. Place in thermoserver or serving bowl, remove cinnamon stick and bay leaf.
Serve with extra plain yoghurt and coriander leaves to serve
Accessories you need
I don't have time for preparing overnight and it has always been fine. I use yoghurt from Basic Cookbook I have made or otherwise pot set yoghurt is great
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Risoles (Indonesian)
- Kid Approved Curried Sausages
- Spicy Bean Burgers by Dr Clare Bailey and Justine Pattison
- Beef Ragu
- Bigilla - Maltese broadbean dip/paste
- Fara's red kidney beans and beef chilli
- Sri Lanken Cashew and Coconut Curry Paste (clone of Passage to India)
- Avocado Lime sauce (for fish Taco)
- All Green Stock Powder
- Peanut Satay Chicken
- Recco Classico