- 900 g water
- 2 Medium Sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into 3cm pieces
- 1 egg
- salt, to taste
- ground herbs*
- 120-200 g Gluten Free Flour Mix, half arrowroot, half buckwheat flours
1h 0minPreparation 40minBaking/Cooking
Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
Place water in mixing bowl, add sweet potatoes to simmering basket and place in TMX bowl with lid on. Steam 20mins/varoma/speed 2 or until soft.
Remove potatoes and allow to drain and cool to room temp (or put in fridge for 20 mins)
Place sweet potatoes in mixing bowl and add egg, salt to taste and herbs if using. mash 10 sec/speed 3
With blades spinning at speed 2, add flours through lid 1 tbsp at a time until the dough comes together. It must still be soft but malleable and dry to touch (slightly sticky- see photo)
Scoop 1/6 of the mixture onto a lightly floured surface and roll into 25cm snake, about 2cm thick. Cut snake into 2.5cm pieces then shape by rolling each piece over the prongs of a fork (this is the same preparation method as the gnocchi recipe uses in the Basic Cookbook). Set aside on lightly floured surface.
Drop gnocchi into pot of salted boiling water and cook until they all bounce back to the surface (approx 45 seconds) Serve immediately with sauce stirred though
(optional* depending on what sauce you make, if a subtler sauce like sage butter, add lots of herbs- sage, thyme, rosemary etc. I add dried Italian herbs if doing a bolognese sauce. Leave seasoning out if sauce has a strong flavour like pesto)
This is delicious with bolognese sauce or basil and spinach pesto. Great for kids too!
store any unsed raw mixture in the fridge, rolled into a thick sausage and wrapped in cling wrap for up to 2 days.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Rice and lentils (majadra)
- Pasta Alla Norma
- Chicken spinach and basil dumplings
- Salmon Mornay with rice
- Spaghetti Bolognese Hidden vegetables
- Char Kuey Teow
- Variation Butternut pumpkin and vegetable macaroni cheese pasta bake
- Variation Chicken, Chorizo & Mushroom Risotto
- Chicken Kiev Pasta Bake
- Mediterranean risotto
- Coconut rice my way ( with a little help from the TM5)
- Green wellness juice
- Banana Bread
- No bake Malteser cheesecake with caramilk swirl
- Baked Espresso Martini Cheesecake with Kahlua Syrup
- Brown sugar and toffee cookies
- Teriyaki salmon with rice
- Vegan espresso coconut cream caramel
- One-banana Banana Bread
- Janine's Rez B Haleeb (Rice Pudding)
- Pumpkin & Brown Rice Quiche
- Banana and white chocolate brownies
- Turkish simit