- 100 grams jasmine rice, washed
- 100 grams Tri-coloured Quinoa, Rinsed well and soaked for at least an hour or overnight
- 2 large shallots
- 4-6 pieces shortcut bacon
- 400 grams coconut milk/cream, (1 can)
- 400 grams water, fill the empty can to rinse out
- 1 heaped tablespoon of veg stock paste
- a piece of bakers paper, (enough to cover the Varoma tray)
- 50 grams Baby Spinach Leaves, (to mix through at the end after the rice is cooked)
- 5 eggs
- 10 grams ginger freshly peeled ginger
- 50 grams freshly squeezed lemon juice, (1-2 lemons)
- half a red chilli, (a whole one if you like spicy)
- 20 grams Seasame oil
- 40 grams olive oil
- 50 grams Raw Cashew Nuts, (more or less can be used depending if you want the sauce thick or runny)
- 25 grams raw sugar, (coconut sugar can also be used)
- a dash of tamari sauce or soy sauce
Recipe is created for
Wet the piece of Baking Paper and scrunch all of the water out and line the Varoma Tray with it.
Next place the Varoma tray lined with baking paper on top.
Next place the bacon and shallots into the bowl and put the lid and measuring cup into place and chop for 4 secs speed 6. Do not rinse the bowl.
Next add the bacon and shallots into the lined Varoma tray, spread evenly over the baking paper.
Next add the 5 eggs into the bowl with a pinch of salt and pepper into the bowl and blend them for 6 secs> speed 6.
Next pour the egg mix over the top of the bacon and shallots evenly over the baking paper on the Varoma tray.
Next without washing the bowl put the bowl back into place and add the coconut milk/cream and water and vegetable stock paste.
Next insert the Simmering basket, then add the rice and Quinoa.
Next pop the lid on the bowl then carefully place the Varoma basket and tray and (Varoma lid on) into place and set the timer for 20 mins> speed 2 >Varoma temp. (make sure the baking paper isn't covering the holes on the Varoma tray)
Next make sure the egg is cooked and slice with your spatula and put it into your Thermoserver, then give the rice and Quinoa a good mix to combine while its resting in the bowl then put it into the Thermoserver with the omlette, then mix through the 50g of baby spinach leaves, then pop the lid on to keep warm.
***Do not discard the reduced coconut milk*** (it is going to be used for the sauce)
add all of the sauce ingreients into the bowl with the reduced coconut milk and blend/mix for 1 min> speed 9.
Then server the rice dish into bowls and pour over the sauce.
Main Rice Dish
Accessories you need
You can also make this recipe with 200gs of mixed veggies wich can be added to the Varoma Basket if you want to do as an extra to make the meal larger to feed more than 6 people. Also if you dont like Quinoa you can just use all rice instead.
This recipe was something one of our local talented group leaders did for us and I have tweaked it a little to suit my family size and taste buds, enjoy.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Hidden Veg Bolognese sauce
- Fried Rice - 28 Program - Sam Wood
- AUTHENTIC MEE GORENG (Stir Fry Noodles)
- Mac & Cheese with extras
- Honey mustard chicken
- THAI STYLE PINEAPPLE FRIED RICE
- Tomato, Feta and Basil Pasta
- Best Ever Fried Rice
- GF Easy Non-Fried Fried Rice
- Quick Chick
- Creamy chicken gnocchi with spinach
- Bacon, Sun-Dried Tomato & Spinach risotto
- Gooey Chocolate Fudge Brownies
- Passion Mango "Boost Juice style smoothie"
- Low Carb Cheese and bacon Cauliflower muffins
- 'Cafe Style' Carrot Cake
- "Boozy" Dalgona Coffee Whip
- No Bake Cookie Dough Slice
- Choc Caramel Slice- made with Caramel Condensed Milk.
- Cauliflower and Turmeric flatbread
- Choc Beetroot Mud Cake
- Hundreds and Thousands Biscuits
- Green Apple and Kiwi Fruit Soft serve Ice Cream (Fruity Dream)
- Anzac Cheesecake Slice