- 1/4 cauliflower, cut into florettes
- 2 stalks Celery, roughly chopped
- 2 carrots, roughly chopped
- 1/2 red capsicum, cut into 4 peices
- 4 sprigs flat leaf parsley, leaves only
- 2 sprigs basil, fresh, leaves only
- 150 g Frozen Corn Kernals
- 150 g frozen peas
- 1 brown onion, peeled and quartered
- 1-2 red chillies, halved, (Optional)
- 2 cloves garlic
- 4-6 Bacon rashers (rindless, short cut), cut into thirds
- 20 g Rice Bran Oil
- dash sesame oil
- 900 g water
- 350 g Jasmine Rice or Basmati rice
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- soy sauce
- Kecap Manis (dark sweet soy sauce)
- salt and pepper to taste
- BBQ Chicken meat, chopped, (Optional extra)
Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
91st main course 2nd main course Main course Side dish Autumn Chinese New Year Christmas Father's Day Grandparent's Day Mother's Day Spring Summer BBQ Buffet Everyday Holiday Kids in the kitchen Party Easy Low budget Quick Asian Australian Dinner Lunch Steam cooking with Varoma All-in-one cooking with Varoma Rice dish
- 1. Place the Cauliflower florettes in Varoma Bowl.
2. Place celery, carrots and capsicum in TM bowl, chop 3-4sec/Sp 4-5. Add to Varoma Bowl.
3. Place Parsley and Basil in TM Bowl, chop 3sec/Sp 7. Add to veggies in Varoma Bowl.
4. Place Varoma Bowl into position and weigh in corn and peas. Set Varoma Bowl aside.
5. Place onion, garlic and chillies in TM bowl, chop 3sec/Sp 6. Add bacon, chop 2sec/Sp 5. Scrape down sides and only if there is a chunk or two of bacon, chop again for 1 sec/Sp 5. Scrape down sides.
6. Add both oils and saute for 5min/100*//Sp 1. Add this to the Varoma on top of the veggies (have the Varoma lid underneath to catch any liquid which may drain through). No need to wash the TM bowl.
7. Place water in TM bowl, insert simmer basket, weigh in the rice. Place the lid on and put the Varoma Bowl into position with the Varoma lid on top. Cook 10min/Varoma/Sp 4.
8. While the rice is cooking, cut a peice of baking paper to fit the Varoma Tray (not too big that it blocks the side vents), wet the paper under the tap, scrunching it a little, lay it on the Varoma Tray, curving the sides and ends up a little, so that the egg won't run off. Pour the beaten egg on the baking paper. Pre heat the Thermo Server with a little boiling water (2cm deep).
9. When cooking at step 6 is finished, place the Varoma Tray, with the egg on it, into position on the Varoma Bowl. (If you are adding BBQ Chicken, place it in the Varoma Bowl on top of the veggies before you place the tray of egg on). Cook 10min/Varoma/Sp 4. Check that egg is cooked, if not, cook 2min/Varoma/Sp 2. Roughly cut up the egg with the spatula.
10. Dry out the Thermo Server, add the rice and then the veggie mix plus egg. Add the sauces a swirl at a time and carefully mix together, also adding salt and pepper until you are happy with the ammount of sauces. Serve immediately.
Hunters version of Non Fried, Fried Rice
Accessories you need
To make this vegetarian, leave out bacon and optional chicken, Replace bacon with mushrooms at same step. For vegan, leave out egg too.
Make sure you don't pile on too many veggies in the Varoma Bowl as you need to leave room for the tray with egg on it to sit properly when the time comes.
A Thermo Server is very handy to mix the final result together but, if you don't have one, use a large bowl or serving dish.
You can prepare the veggies in the Varoma bowl early and keep in the fridge to make dinner time quicker, the corn and peas don't have to be frozen at the time of cooking.
I'd like to thank Witsy for the Original Non fried, fried rice recipe, very clever. I just wanted to write my own version so I've got an easy reference.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Chicken and Corn Risotto
- Vegetable Stew with Risoni
- Hidden Veg Bolognese sauce
- Fried Rice - 28 Program - Sam Wood
- AUTHENTIC MEE GORENG (Stir Fry Noodles)
- Mac & Cheese with extras
- Honey mustard chicken
- THAI STYLE PINEAPPLE FRIED RICE
- Tomato, Feta and Basil Pasta
- Best Ever Fried Rice
- GF Easy Non-Fried Fried Rice
- Quick Chick
- Hunters Frozen Espresso Martini
- Hunters Chocolate Cranberry Protein Slice (No Bake, vegan)
- Hunters Very Lemony Lemon Butter
- Hunters Healthy Beef and Veg Sausage Rolls
- Hunters Swiss Meringue Buttercream
- Hunters Chicken Breast Cacciatore and steamed veg
- Hunters Beef and Vegetable Lasagne
- Hunters Coffee Banana Slushy/Smoothie (non dairy)
- Hunters Warm Chicken and Cous Cous salad with Basil Pesto Dressing
- Hunters version of Chicken and Cashews with Coconut Cashew sauce and Coconut rice(by Quirky Cooking)
- Hunters version of Asian whole steamed chicken, Chicken rice, veggies and Ginger chilli sauce
- Hunters Curry Chicken and Veg Pie
- Vegemite and Cheese Stackers
- Best Ever BBQ Sauce - Weebindi Version
- White Jumbo Soft and Fluffy Bread
- Clinker Cheesecake Slice
- Chicken and Sweetcorn Puree - Annabel Karmel Recipe
- Variation Ginger and Soy Glazed Salmon with Bok Choy and Coconut Rice
- Thermo Papa's veg loaded pizza sauce
- Sun-dried Tomato and Basil Pizza Dough
- Zucchini balls
- Sausages with onion gravy and vegetables
- Spicy Peanut Satay Sauce (Thick)
- Chickpea Dosa