- 150 grams Paella rice, Calrose is good, otherwise arborio
- olive oil
- 1 green pepper, fresh, chunks
- 1 Red Pepper, chunks
- 2-3 cloves garlic, large, peeled
- 1 Onion, small, peeled
- 1/2 bunch parsley
- 100 grams Green beans, trimmed, sliced at an angle
- 1 lemon, small, 1/2 cut into 4 wedges, half juiced
- 1/2 litre chicken stock
- 100 grams jar of red peppers, Torn into pieces
- 200 grams tomato passata, or tinned chopped tomatoes
- 1 pinch Saffron.
- sea salt
- black pepper
- 1 Raw Iberico Chorizo, sliced
- 150 grams Pork belly, skin removed, or pork fillet, chopped in 1cm slices
- 8 Clams or mussels, scrubbed clean & debearded
- 8 large green prawns, shells on
- 75 grams squid, whole, small, cleaned & finely sliced
Place parsley leaves in TM bowl & chop 4 secs/speed 4. Scrape sides & repeat until chopped finely. Set aside.
Place parsley stalks, saffron, onion & garlic in TM bowl. Chop finely 10s/speed 7.
Add red & green pepper to TM bowl. Chop 4 seconds/speed 3 or until large chopped. Set aside.
Add olive oil to the TM bowl with the sliced chorizo. Saute 5 minutes/Varoma/speed 1/. After 5 minutes add the pork belly. Saute another 5 minutes/Varoma/speed 1/. Set aside.
Add the set aside chopped peppers, garlic, onion and parsley stalks to the TM along with a good pinch of salt and pepper. Saute for 3 minutes/Varoma/speed 1/ or until the vegetables have begun to soften.
Add the rice and jarred peppers and saute 2 minutes/100/speed 1/ .
Add the passata or tinned tomatoes, & 400 ml of the stock. Cook 5 minutes/Varoma/ to bring everything to the boil.
Lower the heat & cook 15 minutes/90/ / speed1. After 15 minutes the rice should be cooked, but still have a bit of a bite.
Now pour the contents of the TM bowl into a large pot. Cook on a medium heat & bring to a simmer. If the rice looks a bit dry, you can add an extra splash of stock at this point.
Add the mussels or clams and the prawns and cook 5 minutes.
As the clams and mussels start to open and the prawns begin to turn pink, add the squid and the green beans and cook for a further 5 minutes. Discard any clams or mussels that don't open. Add chopped parsley leaves and the juice from half of the lemon & simmer stirring for 2 more minutes.
Serve with the remaining lemon wedges on the side and a crisp green salad.
Accessories you need
This is a conversion of "Jamie Oliver's Favourite Paella" and it is delicious, even better the next day. If you want to try , completing the dish in the TM, I suggest you try it with the shellfish cooking in the TM for the same amounts of time shown BUT at 90 degrees/ / speed1.
Converted from //www.jamieoliver.com/recipes/seafood-recipes/my-favourite-paella
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Baked Salmon Risotto
- Chicken and prawn noodles
- Curried tuna and pasta
- Chorizo and Mushroom Risotto with Green Peas
- The Daily Mix - Bolognese Sauce
- Fried rice- Portuguese style
- Tuna Mornay
- CREAMY SWEET POTATO SECRET RISOTTO spinach mushrooms parmesan
- CHEESY CHEESY MACARONI
- Variation Pumpkin, Pancetta & Pea Risotto (or 3P Risotto!)
- Not So Tinned Spaghetti
- Mac n Cheeky
- Cherry Sauce
- Anniebee's Nutella Spread [no added sugar]
- Lime and Coconut Cake
- Real chocolate ice cream
- Annieb's Healthy Carrot Cake [no sugar or oil]
- Vanilla Shortbread
- Rocky Road Salami
- 60 Second Strawberry Cake
- Very Red Velvet Mud Cake
- Anniebees Adulterated Anzac Cookies
- Loukoumia - Greek or Turkish Delight
- Wattleseed Shortbread
- Adaption of Ambitious Kitchen's Moroccan Chickpea Quinoa Salad
- Vegetarian 'meatballs' (contains Nuts)
- Chicken Bone Broth Soup and whole steamed chook
- Turkey and Ricotta Cannelloni with vegetable sauce
- Devilled ham spread
- Chicken and leek Pasties
- Cucumber and Dill dip
- Pumpkin lasagne
- Capsicum and Potato Tortillas with Olive Tapenade
- Meatball Surprise Soup
- Pie maker Bacon, leek and mushroom pies
- Pizza Pull-apart bread