PENNE WITH PUMPKIN AND CINNAMON SAUCE
- 500 grams pumpkin, peeled and cut into 2cm cubes
- 25 grams butter
- 2 cloves garlic
- 200 grams cream
- 50 grams parmesan cheese, cut into chunks
- 1 onion, quartered
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 10 grams honey
- 500 grams penne pasta
- fresh chives, chopped (optional)
8Recipe is created for
Grate parmesan cheese for 10 seconds on speed 8. Remove from bowl and set aside.
Cook pumpkin in the varoma with 500g water in bowl. Cook for 20 minutes at varoma temparature/speed 1. Cooking time may vary depending on type of pumpkin used.
Empty water from bowl (plants love cooled vegetable water!) and puree the pumpkin for 10 seconds on speed 7. Remove from bowl and set aside.
Without bothering to clean the bowl add the garlic and onion and chop for 2-3 seconds on speed 7, scraping down the bowl and repeating if necessary. Consistency of onion is dependent on personal preference though as fine as possible blends well with the sauce.
Scrape down the bowl and add the butter and cinnamon and saute for 2-3 minutes at varoma temperature/speed 1.
Add cream, pumpkin and honey and cook for 5 minutes at 90 degrees/speed 4 on .
Add parmesan and mix through for 1 minute at 90 degrees/speed 4 on . If you have a thermoserver the parmesan can be stirred through when sauce is transferred into it.
Set sauce aside, preferably in a thermoserver to keep warm, and cook pasta as per the EDC.
In a serving bowl (or bowls) pour sauce over the pasta and toss until well combined. Sprinkle with chopped fresh chives.
This is great as finger food for a baby or toddler. If making for a baby under 12 months omit the honey or substitute with molasses.
This recipe has been adapted from the Goomeri Pumpkin Festival Recipe Book published in 1999.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Zucchini Pasta slice
- Variation Creamy Chicken Sundried Tomato Suprise
- Creamy Fettucine
- Fragrant 'Fried' Rice
- Bacon, Sweet Potato, Pea and Corn Risotto
- Fresh pasta dough
- Cajun Dirty Rice (with Chorizo and Shrimp)
- Saffron Rice
- Tomato pasta with vegetables and feta (TM31)
- Italian Style Chunky Pasta Sauce
- Cauliflower-pumpkin pasta sauce
- Mushroom and Spinach Creamy Pasta
- Zucchini Pasta slice
- Mini Quiches
- Variation Roast Chicken with Spice Rub & Stuffing
- Anzac Caramel Slice
- Jam tart daisies
- Fruity yoghurt flavoring
- Easy Peasy Vanilla Cupcakes by Domestic Thermominx
- Pineapple coconut cake
- Coconut and Apricot Chia Pudding
- Chicken Casserole
- Potato Bake
- Gluten-Free Banana, Coconut and Lemon or Cinnamon Loaf