- 30 g olive oil, for frying
- 130-150 g Cooked long grain rice (about a cup)
- 2 sml-med potatoes, peeled and quartered
- 4 spring onions
- 1 clove Garlic (optional)
- 2 sprigs parsley, leaves only
- 3 large eggs
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- salt and pepper to taste
Recipe is created for
91st main course Main course Side dish Starter Alcohol-free Children food Gluten free Lactose free Non-dairy Vegetarian Nut free Autumn Spring Summer Winter BBQ Everyday Kids in the kitchen Picnic Easy Low budget Natural Quick Brunch Dinner Lunch Snack Supper Cooling Spanish Potato dish Rice dish Vegetable dish
1. Place potatoes, spring onion, parsley and garlic in mixing bowl and chop 4-5 sec/ speed 4.5.
3. Heat half the oil in a large frying pan and stir-fry the rice with the potato mixture over a high heat for 3 minutes until golden (I tend to be lazy and have omitted this step, but it really does give the tortitas a nice flavor!). Season with salt and pepper.
4. Crack the eggs in the mixing bowl and mix with paprika and salt and pepper 4 sec/ speed 4. Tip potato, rice mixture in mixing bowl and combine 4 sec//speed 4.
5. Heat the remaining oil in the frying pan and drop in large spponfuls of the rice mixture, leaving room for spreading. Cook the tortitas for 1-2 minutes on each side or until golden.
6. Drain the tortitas in kitchen paper and serve as part of a meal. Great for scoopening up dips or Vegetables dishses too (like ratatouille).
* Make sure you season well.
*This is my 'to go to' recipe for left over rice (basmati or brown rice works too). If you use extra rice or potato, you might need an extra egg.
* You can add zucchini or other Veg too
* Kids LOVE this
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Mums best ever pasta sauce
- Pate au Pistou
- Duo Rice; Boiled Rice and Steamed Cauliflower Rice
- Garlicky Chicken and Spring Vegetable Risotto
- Variation Risotto Arrabbiata
- Vegan Pasta Carbonara
- Variation Cajun Dirty Rice (with Chorizo and Shrimp)
- Variation to the variation of Chunky Spaghetti Bolognese
- Rice and lentils (majadra)
- Pasta Alla Norma
- Chicken spinach and basil dumplings
- Salmon Mornay with rice
- cauliflower sauce (gf df)
- Quinoa Kicharee
- Walnut Patties
- Lentil Moussaka (vegan)
- MuesliBars (nut free)
- Nut, Seed and Vanilla Mylk Smoothie
- gluten free vegetable buns
- green smoothie: my favorite!
- Green Smoothie (basic)
- Cream of Asparagus Soup (dairy free)
- Quinoa & Spring Vegetable Salad with Kale Pesto
- Coconut Custard (Vegan)
- Sassy Spaghetti Bolognese
- Chicken & Sweet Potato Nuggets (Paleo & BLW Friendly)
- Christmas Salad
- Spiced pear jam and chorizo
- Vegan Pasta Carbonara
- Smoky Pumpkin & Potato Soup
- BBQ Sauce
- Barbecued pork ribs
- The. Fast 800 Chicken Pieces with Parmesan Crumb converted by Thermo-lish
- The Fast 800 Cowboy Baked Beans converted by Thermo-lish
- Bavarian Spice Rub - Best Chicken Rub Ever!
- Mac 'n' Cheese (with hidden veg)