- 40 g Parmesan cheese, block, crust removed, cut into pieces (3cm)
- 1/2 Small brown onion, (50g)
- 40 g Butter
- 40 g extra virgin olive oil
- 320 g risotto rice, (Arborio)
- 60 g water, (or White Wine)
- 2 tbsp Vegetable stock paste
- 250 g pumpkin, thinly sliced
- 720 g water
- 60 g Baby Spinach Leaves, (a good handful)
- salt & pepper, (for roasting pumpkin) to taste
- extra virgin olive oil, (for roasting pumpkin)
Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
Place pumpkin slices on a greased baking tray, brush lightly with oil, season with salt and pepper to taste and bake in a medium oven (180C) for 15 minutes.
Place Parmesan Cheese into mixing bowl and grate 10 sec / speed 10. Transfer into a bowl and set aside. Do not clean your bowl.
Place eschalot or brown onion into mixing bowl and chop 3 sec / speed 5. Scrape down sides of mixing bowl with spatula.
Add butter and extra virgin olive oil and saute 3 min / 120C / speed 1.
Insert butterfly whisk. Add risotto rice and saute 1 min / 120C / / speed 1.2, without measuring cup.
Add the small amount of water (60g) (or white wine) and saute 2 min / Varoma / / speed 1.5, without measuring cup. Scrape bottom of mixing bowl well with spatula to loosen rice.
Add stock, roast pumpkin, and water and again scrape bottom of mixing bowl with spatula to loosen. Cook 13 min / 100C / / speed 1.5, placing simmering basket instead of measuring cup into mixing bowl lid.
Place the spinach leaves into the ThermoServer before transfering the risotto. Sprinkle the reserved parmesan cheese over the risotto and combine well. Allow to rest for at least 10 minutes prior to serving.
This recipe is a variation of Mushroom Risotto found in The Basic Cookbook.
For this recipe, if you don't have any butter simply use total 50g extra virgin olive oil. Conversley, if you don't have any olive oil, use total 50g butter.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Mums best ever pasta sauce
- Pate au Pistou
- Duo Rice; Boiled Rice and Steamed Cauliflower Rice
- Garlicky Chicken and Spring Vegetable Risotto
- Variation Risotto Arrabbiata
- Vegan Pasta Carbonara
- Variation Cajun Dirty Rice (with Chorizo and Shrimp)
- Variation to the variation of Chunky Spaghetti Bolognese
- Rice and lentils (majadra)
- Pasta Alla Norma
- Chicken spinach and basil dumplings
- Salmon Mornay with rice
- White chocolate and mixed berry muffins
- Choc Peppermint Fudgey Bean Biscuits- Egg, gluten and nut free.
- Coconut ice coffee kickstarter
- 30 Second Whole Lemon Cake
- Gingerbread Loaf
- Chocolate Hot Cross Buns
- White Chocolate and Apricot Hot Cross Buns
- Easy Peel Steamed Peaches
- Bulletproof Coffee
- Grain Free Dairy Free Keto Lasagna
- Zucchini Donuts
- Choc Peanut Butter Bliss Balls