2 large heads of broccoli
4 cloves if garlic
70-80g of black or kalamata olives (pitted)
1 tsp of chilli flakes
1 tbs tomato paste
Penne or spiral pasta 200g dry weight (I use gluten free pasta)
50g Parmesan cheese (optional)
1/2 a small lemon
Place Parmesan and zest peeled from half a lemon in Thermomix bowl
Chop on speed 9 for 15 seconds and set aside, don't rinse the bowl
Chop garlic on speed 7 for 2 secs
Add olives and chop on speed 5 for 2 secs
Set garlic & olive mix aside, don't rinse the bowl
Broccoli florets in varoma - still steamy!
Heat 1.5 lites of water in TM bowl to varoma temp on speed 1 (from cold this will take 10-11 mins, quicker of you add water boiled from the kettle)
Chop broccoli into small florets and and finely slice the stem (remove woody end), add to varoma dish
Once water is at temperature, add pasta to TM bowl with a heaped tsp of salt, add varoma with broccoli and cook on speed 1 reverse for the 8 mins (or whatever the pasta time says on the packet).
Heat 4 Tbs olive oil in a wok/large fry-pan, add chilli flakes for 1 min, then add garlic/olive mix and tomato paste. Saute on a low heat till pasta and broccoli finished.
Reserve 1/2 cup of pasta cooking water before draining the pasta and don't rinse the pasta
Gently toss the broccoli in the olive/garlic mix, add salt to taste and a squeeze of lemon juice
Add the drained pasta and the 1/2 cup of pasta water and toss till combined
If the pasta is dry, add olive oil till its well coated
Serve immediately (optionally topped with Parmesan/lemon zest mix)
Serves 2-4 depending on appetite!
Accessories you need
If short pasta is used, cook in the thermomix bowl as above. If using noodles like spaghetti, I recommend cooking them in a big saucepan on the stove, especially if using gluten free pasta
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Hidden Veg Spaghetti Bolognese
- Mushroom and Spinach Risotto
- Chicken & Sweetcorn Risotto
- Chicken Mushroom Risotto
- Pizza pasta salad
- Creamy spinach and mushroom pasta
- Maltese Baked Rice
- Cauliflower & Broccoli "Rice"
- Feta Meatballs with red sauce
- Creamy tomato, chicken and pasta
- Bacon, Spinach & Red Pesto Risotto - Essential Living Mumma
- Variation Roasted Pumpkin and Mushroom Risotto
- Peach melba Smoothie
- Jaffa Mud Cake
- Gluten Free Polish Plum (or peach) cake
- Gluten Free ANZAC biscuits
- Diddlee Dee Green Smoothie - for St Paddy's Day!
- Soft Butter for the Fridge
- Raw Choc Fudge
- The best gluten free banana pancakes
- Blueberry Bombshell Smoothie
- Coconut and cashew cream
- Vegetarian Kedgeree
- Banana bread with dates and walnuts - dairy and gluten free
- Chicken & sweet corn soup
- Cheese Sticks with a twist
- Best Ever Creamy Tomato & Bacon Soup
- Beetroot dip
- Black Forest Scrolls
- Creole Style Jambalaya
- Easy Apple Cake
- Virgin Lychee Sorbet Cocktail adapted from festive class
- Dairy Free Peanut Butter Custard
- No Knead Sourdough
- Squid Ink Bread
- Multigrain Bread