- 1 small brown onion, quartered (or 1 tbsp OGG Mix)
- 30 g Peanut oil
- 100 g carrot, cut into strips
- 100 g cabbage, cut into strips
- 1 tbsp Tom Yum Paste, from local Asian grocery store
- 1 tsp Dark Soy sauce
- 2 tbsp Light soy sauce
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1 tsp White pepper
- 500 g hot water
- 250 g Rice Vermicelli, wash & rinse (no need to soak)
- 100 g Red capsicum, cut into strips
- 1 stalk Spring Onion, Cut into thin strips
- 2 Egg Omelette, Cut into thin strips
8Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
Place onion into TM bowl and chop 4 sec on SP6. Scrap down the sides of bowl with the spatula. Add oil and saute for 3 mins on Varoma, REVERSE & Slow Speed.
If you have pre-made Fried Onion Ginger Garlic Mix (OGG Mix), you can skip this step and just add 1.5 tbsp of OGG Mix to next.
- Add oil, carrots, cabbage & carrots, Tom Yum paste, dark soy, soy sauce, sugar, pepper and hot water and cook for 4 mins on Varoma, REVERSE & Slow Speed. Meanwhile, rinse the rice vermicelli through the varoma dish & set aside. Do not soak.
- Add the rice vermicelli immediately & cook for 4 mins on Varoma, REVERSE & Slow Speed.
- Use spatula to stir in the capsicum and cook for a further 2 mins, Varoma, REVERSE & Slow Speed.
- Once ready, pour into a Thermoserver (to keep warm) and garnish with sliced shallots & egg omelette and serve it hot with chilli sauce.
Accessories you need
The vegetable & stock must be at Varoma temperature when you put in the rice vermicelli to make sure that the noodles can cook properly.
If you can't avoid the "slightly browned bottom" - this can be easily cleaned by soaking in soapy way for 30 minues before attempting to clean it.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Creamy Fettuccini with Tuna
- Gus' Pasta
- Rich Chunky Bolognese Sauce
- Pumpkin and chicken risotto with spinach and pinenuts
- 3 Cheese Macaroni
- Simple Cheesy Pasta
- Creamy Tomato, Chicken & Bacon Risotto
- Zucchini Pasta slice
- Sartu di Riso (Inspired by Giada De Laurentiis / Food Network)
- Creamy Fettucine
- Fragrant 'Fried' Rice
- Bacon, Sweet Potato, Pea and Corn Risotto
- Curry Puffs
- Fried OGG Mix (Onion Ginger Garlic)
- Hainanese Chicken Rice (Fast & Easy)
- Moon cake Mixed Nuts
- Korean Bibimbap Sauce
- Korean Bibimbap (Mixed Rice with Meat and Assorted Vegetables)
- Easy Fried Noodles (Hokkien Mee- KL Hawker Style)
- Basic Yeast Dough for Chinese Buns
- Fried Noodles (Hokkien Mee- KL Hawker Style)
- Date Slice
- Lettuce with Mixed Vegetables
- Carrot & Walnut Cake
- Lemon Cordial Concentrate
- Chocolate Bean Cake with Coconut Butter Cream
- Ginger Loaf
- Vita Brit Slice
- Judith's Hedgehog Slice
- Raw vegan jam donut balls
- Roasted Butternut Pumpkin Soup
- Banana, Coconut & Walnut Loaf With Cream Cheese Frosting
- Almond Bread
- My lemon and barley water
- Lemon Delicious Pudding
- Christmas Cake