- 3 tomatoes, halved
- 1 leek, washed, roughly chopped (white part only)
- 3 cloves garlic
- 40 g Butter
- 350 g arborio rice, rinsed
- 45 g water
- 15 g apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons Vegetable Stock Conc.
- 2 Chorizo sausage, mild - sliced
- 850 g water
- 40 g Parmesan cheese, blitzed
- 1 large zucchini, grated
- Pink Himalayan rock salt, to taste
- black pepper, to taste
- fresh spinach leaves
Recipe is created for
Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
- Add tomatoes to the bowl - MC on / 5 seconds / Speed 6 / Remove from bowl and set aside.
- Add to the bowl / Garlic / Leek / MC on / Speed 5 / 4 seconds / scrape down sides / repeat if you see any large pieces of leek / scrape down sides
- Add butter / saute 3 minutes / 100 degrees / Speed 1 / MC on
- Add rice / 1 minute / 120 degrees / "Counter-clockwise operation" / Speed 1.5 / MC off
- Add 15g apple cider vinegar, 45g water (OR 60g dry white wine) / saute 2 min / Varoma / Speed 1.5 / MC off / Scrape bottom of mixing bowl well with spatula to loosen rice
- Add tomato / sliced chorizo/ stock paste / zucchini / water / 16 minutes / 100 degrees / "Counter-clockwise operation" / Speed 1.5 / MC off / simmering Basket on
- Put finished risotto into your thermoserver, add parmesan and stir through, salt and pepper to taste. Leave sit for 10 minutes in thermoserver with lid on.
I like to add alot of spinach to my risotto's. So either put your desired amount into the Thermoserver and stir it through the risotto, or add it to the individual bowls.
Accessories you need
Remember to read the labels if you have food restrictions to find the product that best suits your needs.
If using a block of parmesan, be sure to blitz this at the beginning and then wash/dry the bowl. If you cook the risotto with parmesan it will stick to the bowl.
I use to grate my Zucchini by hand, but now I just roughly chop and then put into Thermomix bowl on speed 4.5 for a few seconds until I get the desired consistency.
DAIRY FREE OPTION - Omit parmesan and replace with 2 tablespoons savoury yeast flakes. Use a dairy free butter alternative eg Nuttelex, Bio Butter, or you can opt for olive oil.
CHORIZO - I like to do a thick slice cut in half. But feel free to leave the slices whole.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Chicken rice paste
- Tuna Risotto
- Amazing Mac and cheese
- My kids favourite Bolognese
- Quick and Easy Mac and Cheese
- Spaghetti and meatballs
- Zesty Middle Eastern Pearl Couscous
- Mee Rebus
- Lou's Best Lasagna ... EVER!!!
- Thai chicken curry risotto
- Tagliatelle with Saffron, Prawn, Mushrooms and Cream
- Lasanha de espinafres
- Virgin Pina Colada Fruity Dream
- Protein Balls - Nut Free
- Spiced Ginger Mojito
- Tuna Mornay with Hidden Vegetables
- 'Ginger FREE' gingerbread - Gluten Free, Nut Free, Dairy Free
- Mushroom, Leek and Bacon Risotto
- Taylor's Healthy Lunchbox Bliss Balls / Bars - gluten free, nut free, dairy free
- San Choy Bow (Allergy Friendly)
- Tuna and Cannellini Bean Dip - (Dairy Free, Gluten Free)
- Berry Cheesecake - Allergy Friendly - (Dairy Free, Gluten Free, Nut Free, Cocoa Free, Soy Free)
- Avocado Hommus
- Chicken and Spinach Risotto
- Curried Pumpkin Soup
- Eggless Cupcakes - Failsafe/RPAH Friendly
- Doughnut Bundt
- Flaky pastry sausage rolls
- Beef Massaman Curry
- Could it be Gravy - Failsafe/RPAH Friendly
- Steamed South Pacific Fish
- Gluten Free Wonton/ Dumpling Wrappers
- Egg Free Brioche
- Roti Boy
- Torcetti al burro
- Gluten free lemon meringue pie