- 3 tomatoes, halved
- 1 leek, washed, roughly chopped (white part only)
- 2 cloves garlic
- 40 g Butter
- 350 g arborio rice, rinsed
- 2 tablespoons Vegetable Stock Conc.
- 1 Chorizo sausage, mild - sliced
- 900 g water
- 40 g Parmesan cheese, blitzed
- 1 large zucchini, grated
- Pink Himalayan rock salt, to taste
- black pepper, to taste
Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
- Add tomatoes to the bowl - MC on/5 seconds / Speed 6 / Remove from bowl and set aside.
- Add to the bowl / Garlic / Leek / MC on/ Speed 5 / 4 seconds / scrape down sides / repeat if you see any large pieces of leek / scrape down sides
- Add butter / 2 minutes / 100 degrees / / Speed 1 MC off
- Add rice / 1 minute / 120 degrees / / Speed 1.5 / MC off / Basket on
- Add tomato / sliced chorizo/ stock / water / 16 minutes / 100 degrees / / Speed 1.5 / MC off / Basket on.
- Put finished risotto into your thermoserver, add zucchini and stir through, add parmesan and stir through, salt and pepper to taste. Leave sit for 10 minutes in thermoserver with lid on.
If using a block of parmesan, be sure to blitz this at the beginning and then wash/dry the bowl. If you cook the risotto with parmesan it will stick to the bowl.
DAIRY FREE OPTION - Omit parmesan and replace with 2 tablespoons savoury yeast flakes. Use a dairy free butter alternative eg Nuttelex, Bio Butter, or you can opt for olive oil.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Rice and lentils (majadra)
- Pasta Alla Norma
- Chicken spinach and basil dumplings
- Salmon Mornay with rice
- Spaghetti Bolognese Hidden vegetables
- Char Kuey Teow
- Variation Butternut pumpkin and vegetable macaroni cheese pasta bake
- Variation Chicken, Chorizo & Mushroom Risotto
- Chicken Kiev Pasta Bake
- Mediterranean risotto
- Coconut rice my way ( with a little help from the TM5)
- Virgin Pina Colada Fruity Dream
- Protein Balls - Nut Free
- Spiced Ginger Mojito
- Tuna Mornay with Hidden Vegetables
- 'Ginger FREE' gingerbread - Gluten Free, Nut Free, Dairy Free
- Mushroom, Leek and Bacon Risotto
- Taylor's Healthy Lunchbox Bliss Balls / Bars - gluten free, nut free, dairy free
- San Choy Bow (Allergy Friendly)
- Tuna and Cannellini Bean Dip - (Dairy Free, Gluten Free)
- Berry Cheesecake - Allergy Friendly - (Dairy Free, Gluten Free, Nut Free, Cocoa Free, Soy Free)
- Avocado Hommus
- Chicken and Spinach Risotto
- Brown sugar and toffee cookies
- Teriyaki salmon with rice
- Caramilk Delight
- Vegan espresso coconut cream caramel
- Janine's Rez B Haleeb (Rice Pudding)
- Caramilk Cheesecake
- Banana and white chocolate brownies
- Turkish simit
- Lemon Slice
- **Sugar free, egg free, dairy free** Apple , banana and carrot baby/toddler muffins
- The Fast 800 Broccoli and Blue Cheese Soup converted by Thermo-lish
- Tracy’s Beef Rendang