- 100 grams brown sugar, (for a dark syrup otherwise raw is fine)
- 30 grams water
- 500 grams raw sugar
- 2 slices lemon, (do not omit this as it helps prevent crystalisation)
- 260 grams Boiling water, (must be boiling when you use it)
Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
1. Add 100g brown or raw sugar and 30g water to bowl. Cook for 15 mins/120 degrees/speed 1 (MC on)
2. Add 500g sugar, 2 slices of lemon and 260g boiling water(be careful as it can splash a little and it's hot!!!) Cook for 40 mins/120 degrees/reverse/speed 1 (MC off)
3. Put simmering basket into bowl and strain syrup into sterilised jar. Leave to cool with lid off for around an hour and it will thicken.
Accessories you need
This recipe will give you the consistancy of the squeeze bottle golden syrup, you can cook it longer with a little more heat if you want it thicker.
Can be kept in the pantry for a few months if you used a steralised jar.
If you have a TM31, use varoma temperature for both steps 1 and 2
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Tomato Sauce
- Cumquat Ginger and Date Chutney
- Chilli Jam(Hoi An Chilli Jam taken from SBS food Magazine)
- Ginger Spring onion Sauce (to go with Hainanese Chicken)
- Spiced fig and Pear Jam
- Fig and Cocoa Marmalade
- Fig marmalade
- Spiced fig and honey jam
- Lemon & Passionfruit Curd
- Chili Chutney
- Plum Jam
- Passata (no onion no garlic)
- Keto Garlic Cheese Crackers
- Keto Crustless Quiche
- Baked Custard Tarts
- Dairy Free Mushroom and Bacon Carbonara
- Yummy Easy Vegetarian Pasties
- Quick and easy Quiche
- Beef Cashew and Rice
- Lisa's yummy "plain" biscuits
- Curried Cabbage with Cashews (Vegan)
- Easy "no milk" chocolate milkshake - vegan sugar free single serve
- Individual Trifles like Balfours - kid friendly
- Easy TM5 Honey Yoghurt
- Amazing Vegetable Soup
- Layelle's Mahlabia (Milk pudding)
- Rima’s sugar syrup from cookidoo
- Rima’s Zuzu Saed’s Atayef
- Quince conserve
- Spaghetti & Meatballs
- Lemon Raw Balls (gluten free, sulphur free)
- Layali Lubnan (Lebanese Nights) by Layelle
- Iranian Eggplant and Chickpea Stew
- Red Thai Chicken, Coconut & Kaffir Lime Soup
- Mee Rebus
- Slow cooked lamb, sweet potato mash and steamed cabbage