- 100 grams brown sugar, (for a dark syrup otherwise raw is fine)
- 30 grams water
- 500 grams raw sugar
- 2 slices lemon, (do not omit this as it helps prevent crystalisation)
- 260 grams Boiling water, (must be boiling when you use it)
8Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
1. Add 100g brown or raw sugar and 30g water to bowl. Cook for 15 mins/120 degrees/speed 1 (MC on)
2. Add 500g sugar, 2 slices of lemon and 260g boiling water(be careful as it can splash a little and it's hot!!!) Cook for 40 mins/120 degrees/reverse/speed 1 (MC off)
3. Put simmering basket into bowl and strain syrup into sterilised jar. Leave to cool with lid off for around an hour and it will thicken.
This recipe will give you the consistancy of the squeeze bottle golden syrup, you can cook it longer with a little more heat if you want it thicker.
Can be kept in the pantry for a few months if you used a steralised jar.
If you have a TM31, use varoma temperature for both steps 1 and 2
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Beetroot dip
- "No Mac" Sweet and Sour sauce
- Chilli Con Quesso
- Belizean Style Habanero Sauce - Hot Chilli Sauce
- Cheesy Bechamel Sauce Double Batch
- Easy Caramelised Onions
- Hot and Smooth Chilli Sauce
- Classic Satay Sauce
- Vegemite - Healthy Version
- Curry paste for Japanese Curry
- Peanut Butter
- Organic Mix Berry Chia Jam
- Baked Custard Tarts
- Dairy Free Mushroom and Bacon Carbonara
- Yummy Easy Vegetarian Pasties
- Quick and easy Quiche
- Beef Cashew and Rice
- Lisa's yummy "plain" biscuits
- Curried Cabbage with Cashews (Vegan)
- Easy "no milk" chocolate milkshake - vegan sugar free single serve
- Individual Trifles like Balfours - kid friendly
- Easy TM5 Honey Yoghurt
- Stuffed Chicken Breast rolled in bacon with mash and veg - all in one meal
- Mum's Easy Peasy Corn Chowder
- Mel's Sticky Date Pudding
- Gluten Free Breakfast Muffins - Super Easy!
- Chicken & sweet corn soup
- Beetroot dip
- Black Forest Scrolls
- Creole Style Jambalaya
- Virgin Lychee Sorbet Cocktail adapted from festive class
- No Knead Sourdough
- Squid Ink Bread
- Multigrain Bread
- Lemon Bundino ( Italian lemon pudding)
- Moroccan Vegiful Quinoa Salad