- 80 g pecorino cheese
- 120 g Bunya Nuts (Cooked), To cook Bunya Nuts, boil them in their shells for 30 minutes. Remove cooked nut by splitting shell with secateurs and removing the nut.
- 3 garlic cloves
- 80 g kale leaves (stem removed)
- 170 g olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon Celtic Sea Salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon chilli flakes (optional)
1h 0minPreparation 1h 0minBaking/Cooking
8Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
1. Place Pecorino Cheese into mixing bowl, positon measuring cup and grate 15 sec/speed 10.
2. Add cooked bunya pine nuts, garlic, kale leaves, olive oli, salt and pepper. Install measuring cup and chop 20 sec/speed 7.
3. Scrape down bowl and press any unchopped kale into the bottom of the bowl and repeat step 2 as many times as necessary to achieve a sauce consistancy.
4. If serving with pasta, add pesto to cooked and drained pasta in pot, stirring on low heat to warm pesta through and throughly combine with the pasta.
5. Sprinkle with chilli flakes if you require an extra kick.
Bunya Nut and Kale Pesto
Store any left over pesto to an airtight container in your fridge. Consume within a few days.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.