- 600 g Raw beetroot, peeled and cut into pieces
- 800 g brown onion, halved
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 330 g light brown sugar
- 375 g apple cider vinegar
- 1 tsp rock salt
- 1/2 tsp ground black pepper
1h 10minPreparation 10minBaking/Cooking
8Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
- Place beetroot into mixing bowl and chop 3 sec/speed 5. Repeat until desired consistency. Place into a bowl and set aside.
- Place onion into mixing bowl and chop 3 sec/speed 5. Scrape down sides of mixing bowl. Repeat until desired consistency.
- Add remaining ingredients (except beetroot) and cook 15 min/90°C/speed 1.5 until onion is softened and sugar is dissolved.
- Add reserved beetroot and incorporate with aid of spatula. Cook 15 min/100°C/speed 1.5, placing simmering basket instead of measuring cup onto mixing bowl lid.
- Scrape down sides of mixing bowl and cook for a further 30min/90°C/speed 1.5, placing simmering basket instead of measuring cup onto mixing bowl lid, until beetroot is tender and relish is thick.
- Spoon hot relish into hot sterilised jars.
Based on Womens Weekly recipe.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Zingy lime and lemon marmalade
- Quince relish for Irina
- Easy homemade onion gravy
- Nanny's Bolognese Sauce
- White Sauce for lasagna
- Smoked Trout Dip
- Tomato-less tomato sauce (AIP friendly)
- Healthier Hazelnut Cacao Nut-ella - Dairy Free (Like Nutella)
- Davidson Plum Chutney
- Vegan "Cheese" Sauce
- Chicken Liver Pate
- Feijoa Paste