- 1000 g Ripe green figs, Stalks removed
- 80 g fresh orange juice
- 500 g raw sugar
- Add freshly squeezed orange juice to the mixing bowl. Add the figs cut in halves and the raw sugar. Place the measuring cup into the lid. Briefly chop the figs 5 seconds/speed 5.
- Cook with the measuring cup inserted into the lid, 30 minutes/100c/speed 2.
- Replace the measuring cup with the steaming basket on the lid, then cook 25 minutes/Varoma/Speed 2.
- Test the setting point. If not ready repeat the previous step for 2 minutes. Prolong if necessary until the setting point is reached. N.B. this does produce a reasonably thick marmalade.
- If the marmalade is still too chunky, blend 5 seconds/speed 5, or until the required consistency is achieved.
- Allow cooling slightly before pouring into sterilized jars, add the lid and turn upside down for 10 minutes. Label and store in a dry place out of strong light. Refrigerate once opened and eat within one month.
This is quite a sweet marmalade with a very subtle hint of orange. For a stronger orange flavour add an extra 40g of orange juice, or for a sharper flavour add 40g of freshly squeezed lemon juice.
The recipe will yield approximately 900g of marmalade (i.e. 2 x 450g jars)
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Seafood Mornay Sauce
- Creamy Cauliflower Sauce (vegan, nut free) adapted from pinch of yum
- Anne's Tomato Relish
- Peach Jam
- Mustard Sauce
- Variation Peach Butter
- Spicy Pear Chutney
- Fig and Apricot Jam (fresh fruit version)
- Fig Paste
- Fathers Favourite Sauce
- Nut and seed butter
- Mixed Herb Pesto (use up your herbs!)