- 1000 g plums, Halved, stones removed. Apricots can also be used
- 1 Granny Smith Apple, Cored & cut in to 8
- 180 g raw sugar, Any sugar is fine
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon, Optional
- 1/4 tsp ground ginger, Optional
1h 5minPreparation 15minBaking/Cooking
Recipe is created for
Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
- Wash 3 x 250g glass jars suitable for high temps.
Allow to dry and place jars without lids in oven 15 minutes before jam is finished.
- Weigh in plums (or apricots) "Closed lid" , add apple and chop 8 secs, speed 6.
Scrap down sides, weigh in sugar and add cinnamon and ginger.
Set 50mins, Varoma, speed 2 "Counter-clockwise operation" .
Place varoma dish (spray with oil to reduce splatters sticking) on top instead of measuring cup and position TM under exhaust fan if possible.
At 35min mark pop jars in oven and check jam to see if sides and lid might need scraping off then restart.
Once finished remove hot jars from oven using tongs or oven mit.
You can use a metal funnel or the TM lid on your jars when pouring the jam in.
Once jars are filled place clean and dry lids on and allow to cool. Put jars in grudge after 1 hour.
Due to the low sugar content I'd advise you to keep your jam in the fridge.
Accessories you need
After each batch I full my "Closed lid" to about 1.5L level with water, a fluff of vinegar and a tsp of bicarb.
If you have pre clean set it to 'Browning' if not set it to cook for around 15mins.
Allow "Closed lid" to sit for around 30mins before taking apart to clean.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Zucchini Pickle
- Moist & Light Chocolate Cupcakes with chocolate buttercream icing
- Quick Vanilla & Citrus Protein Bliss Balls
- Ayurvedic Quinoa Khichari with Mung Dal, Carrot & Kale
- Variation of Tomato Chutney (similar to Beerenberg's) For all TM's
- Variation TM6 Thick and Creamy Pot Set Yoghurt
- A Cup of Goodness ~ Smoothie for 2
- Quick & Versatile Vegetable Fritters with Yoghurt Dressing
- White Chocolate & Cream Cheese Buttercream Icing
- Healthy Carrot Cake Biscuits - Dairy Free
- Cacao Chocolate Not Cross Buns
- Quick Apricot & Coconut Bliss Balls - Nut & Sugar Free