- 2 teaspoon (5g) mustard seeds
- 4 tablespoon (20g) corriander seeds
- 2 tablespoon cumin seeds
- 2 teaspoon black peppercorns
- 6 Garlic gloves
- 2-3 cm cube ginger fresh, peeled
- 1 teaspoon ground chilli powder
- 1 teaspoon ground tumeric
- 30 g malt vinegar
- 30 g oil (vegetable or grapeseed)
Recipe is created for
1) Roast mustard seeds- 3 mins, Varoma, speed 2 (You may need to go up to speed 6 to get the seeds moving)
2) Add coriander, cumin seeds and peppercorns. Roast 2 minutes, Varoma, speed 1-2.
3) Cool, then mill 1 minute, speed 9
4) Add garlic, ginger, chilli, turmeric, vinegar and oil- Chop Speed 4, 10 seconds, scrape down sides and repeat several times until a smooth paste is formed
Store in fridge for up to 1 month. Use in curries... for a medium curry, use 2 tablespoons of madras paste to 1kg beef or lamb. Try marinating lamb cutlets in curry paste mixed with natural yoghurt for the BBQ.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.