- 7 Oranges (medium size), any variety
- 600 grams CSR jam setting sugar
- 30 grams of jam setter with pectine, i used Fowlers from Coles or Woolworths
- 150 grams cold water
Using a potato masher sqaush the simmered orange flesh in the saucepan to get all the maximum amount of juice out of the fruit.
Strain it through a plastic seive into measuring jug.
You should get 400 to 500mls of orange juice from 7 oranges.
You need 500mls exactly! so if it doesn't quite reach the top line top it up with cold water.
Add the sugar, jam setter, chopped peel strips, and juice to the bowl and cook for 15 min / Varoma / "Counter-clockwise operation" / speed 1 with the measuring cup removed and TM basket placed on mixing bowl lid.
Cook for a further 60mins / 100 degrees / "Counter-clockwise operation" / speed 1 with MC removed and TM basket on mixing bowl lid.
Pour the marmalade into the 3 x warm 300ml jars, tighten the lid and turn upside down for 5 mins to seal the jars, then turn up right and set aside to cool.
The thin strips of zest will float to the top of each jar!!! so.....
as the mixture cools, shake them lightly back and forth to mix and swirl the peel evenly through the marmalade as it begins to set, this normally starts to happen 1 to 2 hours after being jar'd. I normally put them on a heat pad in front of me on the coffee table as i watch TV in the evening i can monitor the mix.
Your friends will be so impressed with this professional homemade marmalade they'll be asking for more
Accessories you need
1) I use NEW jars rather than recycled jars i've saved from shop bought items. The smells left in old jars can effect the taste of your marmalde and the seals are second hand.
2) Don't force the orange pulp through the seive otherwise you'll get cloudy marmalde
3) If you like less zest, use less and add more liquid to balance up the loss in volume.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Bigilla - Maltese broadbean dip/paste
- Burger Sauce - Gluten Free
- Carrot Caviar
- Whey Caramel Sauce
- Vegan Butter
- KFC Style Gravy
- Coriander Pesto - Dairy Free
- Sugar-free Mixed Berry, Dates & Chia Jam
- Very Cheesey sauce
- Coriander Dressing with Maple Syrup
- Chocolate Hummus
- Could it be Gravy - Failsafe/RPAH Friendly