- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 550gm raw sugar, Can use more if want jam sweeter
Peel ripe persimmons, usually I just squeeze insides out of their skins
Weigh persimmons in TM bowl. Add lemon juice.
Blend 30 seconds / Speed 7
Cook 20 minutes/ Varoma temperature / Speed 4 with basket on top
Add sugar and puree for 30 Seconds / Speed 8
Cook a further 6-10 minutes /Varoma temperature/ Speed 2-4
If starts to bubble over turn down to 100 degrees and adjust speed. Finish on varoma temperature
You can check that the jam has jellied by testing on a chilled saucer or by letting it dip off a spoon and observing the drops to see that they are jelling.
Pour jam into sterilized bottles, tighten lids firmly and turn upside down until cooled
Sterilize 3-4 bottles with boiling water and then bottles may be placed in oven on 100 degrees to dry and keep warm
I have done 1600 gm of persimons, 700 gm sugar and 4 tablespoons of lemon juice but is very inclined to bubble over.
If TM bowl burns slightly, soak with vinegar for 1/2 hour and use your brush
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Capsicum and Potato Tortillas with Olive Tapenade
- The Sisters Tomato Relish
- Steak Spice
- Zesty Hommus (with Young Living Essential Oils)
- Shrimp Paste Chilli Sauce
- Warmly Spiced Pumpkin Dip
- PIMPs Apple Sauce
- Butter Ganache
- Mums Cheese Ball
- Verena Probiotic Salad Dressing
- Hommus Cups - WA School Canteen Association Assessed - GREEN
- Vegan/Egg Free Variation No Fail, No Fuss, No Butterfly, NO Egg Mayo
- Merryl's Family Chocolate Cake
- TM5 Spaghetti Carbonara Basic Chip Variation
- Shortbread by Elizabeth
- TM5 Classic Tomato Sauce
- Simple Sauerkraut
- Vegetarian Bean, Chickpea & Lentil Curry
- Tasty Plum Sauce
- Fresh Pina Colada
- Not-Too-Sweet Banana Bread
- Upside-Down Fresh Strawberry Cake
- Easy Apricot Jam
- Tasty Rice Salad