- 500 grams chicken livers
- 1 onion, quatered
- 150 grams unsalted butter, 50g + 100g separated
- 1 bay leaf, optional but nice
- 1 apple, quatered
- 1/2 teaspoon Edc vege stock concentrate
- 1/4 teaspoon ground white pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 100 grams full fat cream or sour cream
- vegetable crudities and crackers, to serve
- Choose from:, cucumber, apple, celery, spring onion, cauliflower, carrot or other favourites
- Crackers:, Mary's Gone Crackers are nice, or rice crackers or your kids favourite
8Recipe is created for
- In the mixing bowl chop the apples for 3 secs./speed 5. Set apple aside.
- In the mixing bowl chop the onion for 3 secs./speed 5. Add 50 grams of the butter and the bay leaf and sauté for 7 mins./Varoma/speed 1.5 with the MC removed.
- Add the reserved apples and sauté for another 7 mins./Varoma/speed 1.5 with the MC removed. If it has not stuck and is not yet golden, sauté for a further 3 mins.
- Meanwhile wash the livers well in cold water and remove any membranes, then pat dry with paper towel.
- Add the livers to the mixing bowl and sauté for a further 5 mins./Varoma/R/speed 1 with the MC removed.
- Check the livers, the should be browed on the outside and just a little pink in the middle. If not cooked enough cook for another 1 or 2 minutes.
- Let them rest for 5 minutes while you add the seasonings to the bowl, the nutmeg, stock concentrate and pepper.
- Place a cup on top the the Thermomix lid and weigh your cream into it. As you will be adding it when the blades are going. If you butter does not have measuring lines on the paper do the same to weigh the 100g butter.
- Puree the livers for 10 secs./speed 7.
- Scrape down, replace the lid and with the MC removed turn to speed 3 or 4 and slowly add the butter then the cream.
- Strain by pushing through a fine mesh sieve. This is not strictly necessary but it is a Chef's Secret and makes your pate super smooth and very little is wasted. Use the back of a large spoon or a rubber spatular to push the pate through the sieve.
- Distribute amongst small ramekins or preferably small containers with lids.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least 4 hours, or overnight.
- Keep in the fridge for up to 5 days, or freeze once cool. Simply take one from the freezer and pop in the fridge overnight to pack for lunch the next morning.
- Make sure you pack your pate and crudités with an ice pack in a cool bag lunchbox.
Silky Chicken and Apple Pate
This is a great snack for little ones, especially if you are on the GAPS diet or following a Paleo lifestyle. I developed the recipe to get my little girl to eat more liver. Now that I have realised how easy it is to make divine pate with the Thermomix, I will be posting a few more variants, say Sherry & Sage pate for the adults! Makes 12 kid size serves or about 8 generous adult serves. However if entertaining, this makes 4-6 ramekins the size you would buy normally so one batch would be enough for at least 20 people on a platter with veggie crudities and crackers.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Zingy lime and lemon marmalade
- Quince relish for Irina
- Easy homemade onion gravy
- Nanny's Bolognese Sauce
- White Sauce for lasagna
- Smoked Trout Dip
- Tomato-less tomato sauce (AIP friendly)
- Healthier Hazelnut Cacao Nut-ella - Dairy Free (Like Nutella) Soaking version
- Davidson Plum Chutney
- Vegan "Cheese" Sauce
- Chicken Liver Pate
- Feijoa Paste
- Paleo Chicken, Sage & Brandy Pate - Dairy Free Option
- Cream of Smokey Tomato Soup - Paleo, GAPS, Dairy Free, Vegan
- Mexican Baked Rice - Primal Grain Free Option
- Paleo Soft American Style Cookies 3 ways! - Grain & Gluten Free, Vegan option
- Paleo Waffles - Gluten, Grain & Dairy Free
- Paleo Fluffy Waffles with Whipped Coconut Cream - Gluten, Grain & Dairy Free.
- "Un-Fried Cauli Rice" - Paleo, GAPS, Gluten & Grain Free, Vego option
- Paleo ANZAC biscuits (Gluten & Grain Free)
- GAPS & Paleo Zucchini Pancakes - Hidden Veggies
- Delicious Paleo Butter Chicken Curry - Mild (GAPS, gluten & dairy free option)
- 2 ingredient Pumpkin Custard (Dairy, Grain & Gluten Free, GAPS & Paleo)
- Super Silky Paleo Cauliflower & Parsnip Mash
- Zucchini and Potato Soup
- Chicken, pumpkin, basil pesto risotto
- Sweet corn fritters
- Cheesy green capsicum chicken
- Sam's Simple Satay
- Variation Chicken Broccoli Bake
- Roast cauliflower dhal soup
- Quinoa, Chickpea & Spinach Balls in Tomato Sauce
- Hearty Beef Stew With Dumplings
- Quince relish for Irina
- Nonna’s Spaghetti Sauce
- Salmon and pea spaghetti with pumpkin cream