- 1000 g ripe tomatoes, chop in quarters
- 250 g green apple, chop in quarters
- 200 g raw sugar
- 200 g apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoons ground allspice
- 1 teaspoons ground ginger
- 4 pieces cloves
- 2 level tablespoons sea salt
- 2 fresh cayenne chilli, roughly chopped
2h 15minPreparation 15minBaking/Cooking
8Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
1. Peel tomatoes by cutting an X in the base and covering in boiking water for 5 minutes. Skins will slip off.
2. Place apple quarters, onion quarters in Thermomix. Chop speed 4, 6 seconds. Set aside.
3. Chop tomatoes. Speed 4, 6 seconds.
4. Return apple mix to bowl and all other ingredients. Mix speed 4, 3 seconds.
5. Remove MC and use basket to allow steam out and prevent splashes. Cook 70 minutes, 100 degrees, reverse, speed 1.
6. Increase temperature to Varoma, cook another 20 - 30 minutes reverse, speed 1.
7. Dollop a spoonful of relish on a plate to check consistency. If too runny, cook for 10 - 20 - 30 minutes longer or until your desired consistency.
8. Spoon into sterilised jars, will keep for upto 12months in good conditions.
I always finish on the stove - I can get the mix just that little bit hotter and therefore it reduces and thickens slightly more.
Chilli is optional, add more or none at all.
Will keep in a cool, dark cupboard for around 12 months if sealed correctly.
Relish tastes even more amazing when left for a couple of weeks for flavours to settle down.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.