- 700 bottled passata
- 1 1/2 granny smith apples
- 1 teaspoon himalayan pink salt
- 120 grams white vinegar
- 120 grams Rapadura Sugar
- pinch each ground cinnamon, cloves, allspice and cayenne pepper
cut the Granny smith apples into 1/4's, keep the skin but cut out the core and seeds.
Place all ingredients in the bowl, cook for 1 hour, 100 degrees, speed 2, m/c out and place basket on top.
allow to cool before pressing turbo a few times. Pour into hot sterilized bottles or jars. This will make a little more than 700 grams.
Accessories you need
with the passata, try to use one that does not have garlic, herbs etc, I use Val Verde Italian Cooking sauce, it is on the very bottom shelf in the supermarkets, this gave it it's lovely red colour and there is no skin or tomato seeds.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Variation of Tomato Chutney (similar to Beerenberg's) For all TM's
- Hazelate (hazelnut & chocolate spread)
- Hot Chilli Jam
- Capsicum Relish
- Tuna Dip
- Zingy lime and lemon marmalade
- Quince relish for Irina
- Easy homemade onion gravy
- Nanny's Bolognese Sauce
- White Sauce for lasagna
- Smoked Trout Dip
- Tomato-less tomato sauce (AIP friendly)