- 115 grams Caster sugar, 1/2 Cup(extra for dusting)
- 125 grams water, 1/2 Cup
- 4 mandarins
Wash & scrub the Mandarins carefully to remove any wax.
Using a sharp knife, score each mandarin from stem to tip into quarters, cutting the skin but not the flesh inside.
Carefully remove the peel from the Mandarin in 4 pieces.
Scrape off as much of the bitter white pith as possible.
Cut each quarter vertically into 4 strips.
In TM bowl, dissolve the sugar in the water 5 Minutes, 100C, Speed 1.
Bring the sugar syrup to the boil, 110C then add the mandarin peel.
Simmer 95C uncovered for about 30 Minutes, Reverse, Speed 1, checking that the peel is covered with the sugar syrup.
Once cooked, pour out the peel through simmering basket into a storage jar for for later use (cake drizzling(tastes like marmalade)), drain, and allow to cool.
Dust the Mandarin peel pieces while still sticky in a bowl of the extra caster sugar, then spread them out individually on baking paper to set.
Once dried, the peel can be stored in air tight jars in a dry place for at least 3 months.
It can be used for many different fruity recipes for sweetness.
CANDIED MANDARIN PEEL
Oven temperatures are for conventional; if using fan-forced (convection), reduce the temperature by 20˚C.
I use Australian tablespoons and cups: 1 teaspoon equals 5 ml; 1 tablespoon equals 20 ml; 1 cup equals 250 ml.
All herbs are fresh (unless specified) and cups are lightly packed.
All vegetables are medium size and peeled, unless specified.
All eggs are 55-60 g, unless specified.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Caramelised onion jam
- KETO BREAKFAST SANDWICH
- Spring Onion pancake
- Savoury pikelets for school lunches
- Mustard Potatoes
- Ph@tt compatible Broccoli Salad
- Quick Pickled beets
- Sweet Potato Salad with honey mustard dressing
- Vegan Cheesy Cauliflower Bites
- Durban Naan
- Mashed Potato and Steamed Vegetables (Steamer and Varoma)
- Mexican Rice
- SIMPLE PASSION FRUIT ICE CREAM
- Grantham Ginger Crunchies
- Butterscotch Cream Ice-Cream
- FRESH CHERRY ICE CREAM
- Crayfish and Prawn Dip
- Piri Piri Seasoning
- Slow-Cooked Beef Curry
- GARLIC PRAWN & CRAB DIP
- Vegetarian Chicken Flavoured Stock Powder
- Osram’s Christmas Nuts & Bolts
- Chillied Corn Fritters
- Teriyaki Salmon
- Choc Chunky Cookie Dough Cheesecake
- Caitys chutney
- Japanese coconut buns
- Quick Beef Pho for Two
- Quick Gluten Free Bread Rolls
- Quick Gluten Free Pizza Dough
- Frozen breakfast yoghurt pops
- Mint lemonade
- Coconut & Chocolate Bliss Balls
- Baked pumpkin doughnuts with snowman icing
- Gougère puffs with salmon mousse
- Oreo Brownie (vegan)