- 115 grams Caster sugar, 1/2 Cup(extra for dusting)
- 125 grams water, 1/2 Cup
- 4 mandarins
Wash & scrub the Mandarins carefully to remove any wax.
Using a sharp knife, score each mandarin from stem to tip into quarters, cutting the skin but not the flesh inside.
Carefully remove the peel from the Mandarin in 4 pieces.
Scrape off as much of the bitter white pith as possible.
Cut each quarter vertically into 4 strips.
In TM bowl, dissolve the sugar in the water 5 Minutes, 100C, Speed 1.
Bring the sugar syrup to the boil, 110C then add the mandarin peel.
Simmer 95C uncovered for about 30 Minutes, Reverse, Speed 1, checking that the peel is covered with the sugar syrup.
Once cooked, pour out the peel through simmering basket into a storage jar for for later use (cake drizzling(tastes like marmalade)), drain, and allow to cool.
Dust the Mandarin peel pieces while still sticky in a bowl of the extra caster sugar, then spread them out individually on baking paper to set.
Once dried, the peel can be stored in air tight jars in a dry place for at least 3 months.
It can be used for many different fruity recipes for sweetness.
CANDIED MANDARIN PEEL
Oven temperatures are for conventional; if using fan-forced (convection), reduce the temperature by 20˚C.
I use Australian tablespoons and cups: 1 teaspoon equals 5 ml; 1 tablespoon equals 20 ml; 1 cup equals 250 ml.
All herbs are fresh (unless specified) and cups are lightly packed.
All vegetables are medium size and peeled, unless specified.
All eggs are 55-60 g, unless specified.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Better than K*C Coleslaw
- Ayurvedic Quinoa Khichari with Mung Dal, Carrot & Kale
- Mashed potatoes
- Cucumber Yoghurt (kheyar b laban)
- Saute Sweet corn Kernel
- Asian Slaw Dressing
- Dairy Free Potato Salad
- Cauliflower Cheese & Bacon Fritters
- Pea & Mint Hummus
- Cauliflower whip
- Pork floss
- SAUERKRAUT WITH RASPBERRY + THYME
- SIMPLE PASSION FRUIT ICE CREAM
- Grantham Ginger Crunchies
- Butterscotch Cream Ice-Cream
- FRESH CHERRY ICE CREAM
- Crayfish and Prawn Dip
- Piri Piri Seasoning
- Slow-Cooked Beef Curry
- GARLIC PRAWN & CRAB DIP
- Vegetarian Chicken Flavoured Stock Powder
- Osram’s Christmas Nuts & Bolts
- Chillied Corn Fritters
- Teriyaki Salmon
- Chwee Kueh (Steamed Rice Cake)
- Delicious scones made in the Airfryer
- Halawet El Rez
- Mac 'n' Cheese (with hidden veg)
- Cheats kousa
- The Thermomixing Mum Playdough
- Manaya's chicken noodle soup
- Left Over Porridge Bread
- Tasty Seedy Crackers
- Go-to Lunch Box Choc Chip Banana Muffins
- South African Slap Mielie Pap
- English muffins