- 300 grams dried chickpeas
- 2 tbsp oil, olive, extra virgin
- 1 --- brown onion
- 1 cm fresh ginger
- 3 cloves garlic
- 2 tsp garam masala
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- 2 tsp Ground Coriander
- 2 tsp sweet paprika
- 1/2 tsp chilli powder, Or one fresh chilli, seeds removed
- 1/4 tsp ground turmeric
- 1 tsp yellow mustard seeds
- 400 g canned tomatoes
- 2 tbsp coconut cream
- 1 tsp salt
6h 8minPreparation 6h 0minBaking/Cooking
Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
- Cover the chickpeas with water and soak 6 hours or overnight. I use chickpeas grown in Kununurra, Western Australia as they taste the best.
- Drain the chickpeas.
- Place onion, garlic and ginger in TM bowl and chop 3 seconds on speed 5.
Scrape down sides of the bowl.
- Add oil and cook 1 minute 100 degrees "Gentle stir setting" .
- Add spices and seeds and cook 2 minutes 100°C "Gentle stir setting" . Scrape down sides.
- Add chickpeas, tomatoes, cream and salt. Cook 5 minutes 100°C "Counter-clockwise operation" "Gentle stir setting" or until mixture has thickened.
Prepare the chickpeas
Accessories you need
Canned chickpeas can be used instead of dried.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- DF, GF, RSF School Muesli Bars
- Paleo Apple Cake
- Khichari / Kachari / Kacaharee / Kachari / Kchree /
- Butternut Pumpkin Soup - onion free
- Melting Moments
- Cacao Pistachio Bliss Balls
- Raisin bread
- Favourite German mashpotato spinach cheese bake
- Thermofied by Nads - Meg Yonson Jerk Salmon Bowl
- Chicken and Vegetable Pie
- JUMBO BREAD LOAF
- Maltese Galletti