- 4 medium beetroot, around 600g total
- 1200 ml water
- 1 tsp whole cloves
- 1 tsp whole pimento (allspice)
- 2 tablespoons honey
- zest of 1 orange (optional)
- vinegar of choice
- salt and pepper to taste
Add water, cloves, pimento, honey and zest to jug. Insert simmering basket.
Wash beetroot thoroughly. Do not peel or top and tail. Leave intact. Place in basket.
With MC in place cook 30 mins, 100oC, speed 2.
Test beetroot with fork, remove if tender. Otherwise continue to cook for another 10 mins.
Test beetroot again and continue to cook for another 10 minutes if not tender.
If still not tender continue to cook 5 mins more.
When cooked, remove basket with spatula. Leave beetroot to cool.
Top and tail beetroot and remove skin. Slice beetroot into a bowl. Add some of the strained cooking liquid and vinegar of choice - enough liquid and vinegar to just cover the beetroot. Add salt and pepper to taste.
Fresh, young beetroot should cook more quickly than hard old beetroot.
Taste test the liquid/vinegar mix before you add it to the beetroot. Adjust accordingly.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Ayurvedic Quinoa Khichari with Mung Dal, Carrot & Kale
- Mashed potatoes
- Cucumber Yoghurt (kheyar b laban)
- Saute Sweet corn Kernel
- Asian Slaw Dressing
- Dairy Free Potato Salad
- Cauliflower Cheese & Bacon Fritters
- Pea & Mint Hummus
- Cauliflower whip
- Pork floss
- SAUERKRAUT WITH RASPBERRY + THYME
- Prisca's Plain White Rice
- Honey Sriracha Marinade
- Apple Banana Muffins
- Gluten free Honey & Chocolate chip cookies (egg free and dairy free options)
- Carrot zucchini apple muffins
- Peanut Butter Bark (Protein Bar)
- Seeded banana and honey loaf
- Lemon Coconut Yoghurt Cake
- Oscars Honey Corn cereal
- Oscars banana smoothie ....
- Peppermint Black Bean Brownies
- Fruit "roll ups"
- Healthy Oat Muffins (No Flour No Sugar No Oil)