THERMOMIX ® RECIPE
- 20g fresh mint leaves
- 1 lemon, zest & juice
- 1/2 bunch continental parsley, leaves only
- 1 bunch corriander leaves
- 1/2 red onion
- 1 clove garlic, optional
- 200g quinoa, rinsed
- 120g Puy lentils
- 20g silvered almonds
- 20g Pepita Seeds (pumpkin)
- 20g pine nuts
- 20g baby capers
- 60g currants
- 60g EVOO (extra virgin olive oil)
- salt & peper, to taste
- 200g Greek yoghurt
- 1tsp ground cumin seeds
- 20g honey
Recipe is created for
Place lentils into rice basket, fill TM bowl with water to cover the lentils. Place rinsed Quinoa into the varoma with the lid on. Cook for 20 mins Varoma speed 3. You may need to stir the Quinoa & continue cooking for a further 5 - 10 mins, it will depend on the starting temperature of the water. once the lentils & Quinoa are cooked drain & rinse then put into the fridge to cool completely.
Put nuts & seeds on a tray in the oven at 180 to toast for about 5 - 10 mins till just slightly brown, but not burnt. Allow them to cool completely.
Place garlic & lemon zest into clean TM bowl & blitz for 10 - 20 secs on speed 10, add the onion & fresh herbs chop for 2 secs speed 5. Add all remaining salad ingreients including the cooled seeds, quinoa & lentils & juice from the lemon. Mix for 3-5 secsspeed 3. Top with the yoghut dressing & serve.
Place into a salad bowl or on a serving platter.
Place all the ingredients into the TM bowl, no need to clean after making the salad & mix for 5 secs speed 5.
Garnish with extra herb leaves, or some reserved nuts & seeds & if in season pomegranite seeds are great for some colour too.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Fresh Beetroot Salad
- Strawberry & Rosewater Sorbet for Cocktails/Mocktails
- Wonton Wrappers
- Garlic Sweet Potato Wedges
- Rhubarb Clafoutis
- Rhubarb & White Chocolate Cupcakes
- Gingerbread & Cream Cup Cakes
- Spicy Roasted Sweet Potato & Cauli "Rice"
- French Savory Cake
- Flu fighter Chicken Soup
- Beef & Veg 'Stirfry' with Cauliflower "Rice"
- Shredded chicken/chicken & veg soup & boiled eggs
- Toasted Granola
- Spaghetti & Meatballs
- Lemon Raw Balls (gluten free, sulphur free)
- Iranian Eggplant and Chickpea Stew
- Minced beef Goulash
- Mee Rebus
- Slow cooked lamb, sweet potato mash and steamed cabbage
- Fig Honey Almond Tart
- Lou's Best Lasagna ... EVER!!!
- Knock your Socks Off Tivoli Road Banana Cake (Converts Beautifully to Gluten Free)
- Poached Quince - TM6 Slow Cook, Blade Cover Method
- Thai chicken curry risotto