- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 large onion
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1 tbsp fresh ginger
- 1 tbsp cumin seeds
- 2 tsp coriander seeds
- 1 tsp chilli flakes, (or to taste)
- 1 inch piece cinnamon
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ tsp ground turmeric
- 1 cup (250 g ) yellow split peas or lentils (or 1 can lentils)
- 425 g can diced tomatoes
- 2 tbsp veggie stock concentrate (made in the Thermomix) + 500 g water
- or 2 cups stock
- 2 tsp garam marsala
- 2 tbsp fresh, coriander
40minPreparation 20minBaking/Cooking 20min
8Recipe is created for
In TM bowl
– chop onion, garlic and ginger until finely chopped – 8 sec, speed 5
sauté until soft - 5 mins, Varoma temp,
spices, chilli flakes, cinnamon, turmeric, salt and lentils. Mix well – 20
secs, speed 1, REVERSE.
tomatoes, garam marsala, stock concentrate and water
minutes, 90°, speed soft, REVERSE
cooked, serve sprinkled with chopped coriander.
IF USING WHOLE SPICES – FIRST DRY ROAST APPROX 20 MINS AT VAROMA TEMP, COOL AND MILL – SET ASIDE
This makes a very soupy consistency - I often serve as an entree rather than an accompaniment - just add less stock/water if you'd prefer it to be thicker
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Dolla's Cauliflower Cheese
- Variation Fruit and Almond Tart
- Wholefood Orange Quinoa Muesli slice
- Ohhh Emmm Geee Choc Salted Caramel Slice
- Nat's perfect pumpkin soup
- SALMON with LEEK SAUCE
- LEEK SAUCE
- Small bake Nutella muffins
- Red beans and rice with turkey meatballs
- Chocolate Bean Cake with Coconut Butter Cream
- Ginger Loaf