- 300 g red lentils
- 1 litre water
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 2 slices fresh ginger, finely chopped
- 1 tsp coriander leaves, freshly chopped
- 1 tablespoon ground turmeric
- 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 tsp salt
- 10 g lemon juice
- 100 g olive oil
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 1 onion, sliced into rings
- Lemon wedges
1h 25minPreparation 15minBaking/Cooking
Recipe is created for
- Weigh lentils in simmering basket then remove and rinse thoroughly in running water until water clear and place lentils directly into TM bowl. Add water and bring to boil by cooking 10 mins at 100°C at Sp1. Skim.
Add garlic, ginger, coriander, turmeric and cayenne pepper. Cook 1 hour at 90°C at Sp2. Then add salt and lemon juice.
In small frying pan heat half of olive oil and cook cumin seeds, stirring gently until well browned. Let oil cool for 10 minutes then carefully pour oil and seeds into dhall mixture and mix for 10 seconds Sp3.
Wipe frypan and fry onions in remaining oil until dark. Remove onions to drain on kitchen paper.
Pour dhall into Thermoserver or other container, sprinkle onion across top and serve with lemon wedges
Accessories you need
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Thai-Inspired Peanut Superfood Slaw
- Twice baked potatoes - under development
- Chicken, zucchini, haloumi fritters
- Bakso Goreng (Fried Meatball)
- Thermomix Play Dough
- Variation Potato Bake
- Gravy (like KFC potato & gravy)
- Fresh Pineapple Salsa
- Simple Cauliflower Cous Cous Salad
- South Pacific Raita
- Frenisian Slaw
- Vegan potato bake with browned onions
- Cashew, Lemon and Coconut Bliss Balls
- Spaghetti Carbonara
- 'Squid Game' Stir Fry - Bulgogi Beef
- Fig and Walnut Carrot Cake with Caramilk Cream Cheese Icing
- Seafood Pie
- Slow Cooked Lamb Leg
- Cheese and Spinach Chicken Loaf
- Sweet & Sour Pork and Rice
- French Onion Soup Mix
- Cinnamon Apple Cake
- Creamy Garlic Prawn Risotto
- Churros Cake