- 3-4 stick drumsticks fresh or frozen, 1 inch pieces and slit in half through center
- 1 mango, cut into peaces
- 4-5 shallots
- 1 green chillies, fresh, slit through center
- 1/4 level tsp turmeric powder
- 1/2 level tsp Red Chilli powder, optional
- 1 level tbsp oil
- 2 level tbsp oil
- 1 level tsp Mustard seeds
- 4-5 leaves curry leaf
- 2-3 dry red chillies
Chop Shallots in TM Bowl 5secs on speed 5
add turmeric, chilli powder and oil satue 2min 100deg speed 1
Add drumstick pieces, raw mango pieces, green chillies, salt to taste and 1 mc water.
Cook 10-15mins 100deg on reverse speed 1 until drumsticks are cooked.
Set aside, rinse and wipe TM bole dry
HEAT oil for 1 minutes at 100deg speed 1 on reverse
add mustard seeds for 2-3 minutes at 100deg speed 1 on reverse
As mustard seeds start to splatter Add dry red chillies and curry leaves.
Pour over cooked drumstick and mango and serve.
Drumstick and mango relish.
Accessories you need
SOME FACTS ABOUT THE DRUMSTICK TREE.
The leaves, fruit, flowers, bark and seeds of the drumstick tree have nutritional and medicinal value.
To put it into perspective, two tbsp’s of drumstick juice contains calcium equivalent to that in 4 glasses of milk, Vitamin C equivalent to that of 7 oranges and Potassium equivalent to that of 7 bananas. It also has three times more Iron than an equivalent quantity of spinach.
Milk mixed with drumstick juice is a great energy drink and blood purifier.
There are lots of great recipes using DRUMSTICK including its leaves flowers and fruit.
The most common recipe is lentils and drumstick.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Traditional buttery mash potato
- Better than K*C Coleslaw
- Ayurvedic Quinoa Khichari with Mung Dal, Carrot & Kale
- Mashed potatoes
- Cucumber Yoghurt (kheyar b laban)
- Saute Sweet corn Kernel
- Asian Slaw Dressing
- Dairy Free Potato Salad
- Cauliflower Cheese & Bacon Fritters
- Pea & Mint Hummus
- Cauliflower whip
- Pork floss
- Turkish simit
- The Fast 800 Broccoli and Blue Cheese Soup converted by Thermo-lish
- Tracy’s Beef Rendang
- Satay noodle salad
- Chinese Cabbage and Pork Bun
- Rice and lentils (majadra)
- Lamb & Feta Rissoles
- The Fast 800 Cowboy Baked Beans converted by Thermo-lish
- Timorese tamarind BBQ sauce
- Pasta Alla Norma
- Cacao turmeric latte
- Choc almond bliss balls