- 250 grams Kangkung or water spinach
- 3 tablespoon crispy fried shallots
- 2 teaspoon kecap manis
- 3 kaffir lime leaves, shredded
- 3 large red chillies
- 2-3 small red chillies
- 1 Red Shallot
- 3 cloves garlic
- 3 medium tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon shrimp paste
- 3 candlenuts
- sea salt
- 65 grams oil
8Recipe is created for
Wash kangkung and slice in half into smaller pieces place in Varoma dish and cook for 6 minutes underneath fish.
To make the sambal combine all ingredients except oil in TM bowl and process speed 8 30 seconds until consistency of a homemade tomato sauce. Scrape down sides add oil and cook 10 minutes Varoma temperature speed 1. Set aside to coat steamed kangkung.
NB. Make sambal first and set aside then proceed with fish, rice and kangkung.
Kangkung Pelecing (Spinach with Sambal)
Accessories you need
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Chocolate Lemon Cupcakes with Lemon Whipped Cream
- Lou'skitchen Silverbeet & Cheese GOZLEME
- Lou'sKitchen cinnamon scrolls
- Kiwi Jelly Slice
- Lou'sKitchen Chocolate Peppermnt Slice
- Old fashioned favourite - Jam and coconut slice
- Creamy Mushroom Pies
- Creamy tomato mushroom spaghetti
- Lou'sKitchen Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Egg and Bacon Pie
- Peach Galette
- Pepesan Ikan (grilled fish in banana leaves)
- Adapted RSPCA Pupcakes
- Caramel slice (no bake filling from scratch in Thermomix)
- Dad's Pancakes
- Oscars Honey Corn cereal
- Bacon Fried Cabbage
- Cauliflower & Chicken Salad
- Light rye bread
- No Bake Fudge Brownie - Paleo, GF, Sugar Free, Grain Free
- Chicken In Satay Sauce
- Coconut rice my way ( with a little help from the TM5)
- Jumbo Spiced Pumpkin Bread
- Beef and Guinness Stew