- 1/2 onion, white, peeled, quartered
- 1 cloves garlic
- 140g tomato paste
- 20 gram olive oil
- 1 heaped tablespoons stock paste
- Salt and pepper, - To taste
- Mexican spices, e.g. cumin, paprika, oregano, chilli
- 200g long grain white rice
8Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
1. Place onion, garlic and tomato paste in jug - chop for 8 sec/speed 5.
2. Scrape down with spatula and chop for a further 5 sec/speed 5.
3. Measure out your rice into steam basket
4. Add olive oil and all spices (salt, pepper, cumin, paprika and oregano to taste ) and cook for 4 min/100°/speed 1. During cook time, rinse rice in steaming basket
5. Puree for 8 sec/speed 8.
6. Add chicken stock and water to the bowl
Mix, 5 secs, speed 2
7. Place rinsed rice in steaming basket
8. Cook for 25 min/Varoma/speed 1.5
9. Carefully remove lid avoiding steam and stir rice.
10. Replace lid and cook a further 12-15min/varoma/sp 1.5
This makes a small bowl of rice, suitable as a side dish, or addition to things like tacos and burritos.
If you'd like to make it more of a main dish, add extra rice and water/stock to the jug, stirring at 5-10 minute intervals, checking that your jug doesn't dry out by lifting the basket.
Frozen veggies such as pea and corn could be added at step 10.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Caramelised onion jam
- KETO BREAKFAST SANDWICH
- Spring Onion pancake
- Savoury pikelets for school lunches
- Mustard Potatoes
- Ph@tt compatible Broccoli Salad
- Quick Pickled beets
- Sweet Potato Salad with honey mustard dressing
- Vegan Cheesy Cauliflower Bites
- Durban Naan
- Mashed Potato and Steamed Vegetables (Steamer and Varoma)
- Stir Fry Broccoli