- 1/2 onion, white, peeled, quartered
- 1 cloves garlic
- 140g tomato paste
- 20 gram olive oil
- 1 heaped tablespoons stock paste
- Salt and pepper, - To taste
- Mexican spices, e.g. cumin, paprika, oregano, chilli
- 200g long grain white rice
8Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
1. Place onion, garlic and tomato paste in jug - chop for 8 sec/speed 5.
2. Scrape down with spatula and chop for a further 5 sec/speed 5.
3. Measure out your rice into steam basket
4. Add olive oil and all spices (salt, pepper, cumin, paprika and oregano to taste ) and cook for 4 min/100°/speed 1. During cook time, rinse rice in steaming basket
5. Puree for 8 sec/speed 8.
6. Add chicken stock and water to the bowl
Mix, 5 secs, speed 2
7. Place rinsed rice in steaming basket
8. Cook for 25 min/Varoma/speed 1.5
9. Carefully remove lid avoiding steam and stir rice.
10. Replace lid and cook a further 12-15min/varoma/sp 1.5
If you'd like to make it more of a main dish, add extra rice and water to the jug, stirring at 5-10 minute intervals, ensuring your jug doesn't dry out.
Frozen veggies such as pea and corn could be added at step 10.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Stir Fry Broccoli
- Loaded Hash Browns
- Red Cabbage, Beetroot & Apple Sauerkraut (Adaption from The Clever Guts Diet)
- Festive Avacado Dip
- Cauliflower Zuccini rice with cashew nuts
- Oma's warm Red Cabbage with Apple
- Sweet and Sour Beans
- Mash and steamed veg
- Simple Carrot Salad
- Basic White Sauce for 6 people
- Variation Cheats Capsicum, Feta and Walnut Pasta Salad
- Pan Seared Chicken Breast with Lemon and Taragon Cream
- Bok Choy with garlic and oyster sauce
- Stock Powder
- Loaded Tuna & Vegetable Mornay
- Spiced lamb flatbread
- Stir Fry Broccoli
- Porcini & Garlic Salt
- Fully Loaded Risotto
- Verena Probiotic Salad Dressing
- Hommus Cups - WA School Canteen Association Assessed - GREEN
- Foodie Mumma Ren’s Butter Chicken
- Savoury Beef and Vegetable Soup