- 5 potatoes, (Non Washed / Dirty work best)
- pumpkin, (Cut into small pieces)
- Other vegetables of your choice
- 1 litre water
8Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
Cut potatoes into small pieces (Quarters or Sixths depending on the size of your potato) & place in the simmering basket
Cut Pumpkin into small pieces (around the size of a 50c piece) & place in the varoma dish.
Fill the varoma with other vegetables of your choice.
Place around 1L of water into the TM Bowl & place the simmering basket into the bowl.
Place lid & varoma into position.
Cook veggies for 30 mins, varoma temp, speed 3. Time may vary depending on the size you cut your veg.
Once cooked, remove varoma and set aside.
Remove Simmering Basket with spatula.
Discard water out of TM Bowl.
Transfer the cooked potato to the TM Bowl.
Chop for 5 seconds, speed 3.
Make a 'well' and insert butterfly.
Add Milk & Butter (quantities will vary depending on quantity of potato).
Mash for 5 sec, speed 3 & check.
Repeat until desired consistency is achieved.
You may need to add more milk or butter (or both) depending on the consistency you require.
If you wish to mash your pumpkin, once you have mashed the potato serve that immediately. Place your pumpkin in the TM Bowl without washing it out. Mash on speed 3 for around 20 seconds.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Durban Naan
- Mashed Potato and Steamed Vegetables (Steamer and Varoma)
- Mexican Rice
- Stir Fry Broccoli
- Loaded Hash Browns
- Red Cabbage, Beetroot & Apple Sauerkraut (Adaption from The Clever Guts Diet)
- Festive Avacado Dip
- Cauliflower Zuccini rice with cashew nuts
- Oma's warm Red Cabbage with Apple
- Sweet and Sour Beans
- Mash and steamed veg
- Banana, Date & Pecan Bread - Sugar Free - Dairy Free
- Curry Pea Soup
- Lemon Cupcakes with Young Living Essential Oils
- Pumpkin lasagne
- Pumpkin & Chickpea Coconut Curry
- The Daily Mix - Banana Crumble Muffins
- Peanut and Soba Noodle Wonton Cups
- Durban Naan
- White Chocolate and Coconut Rice Pudding
- Porridge for Two - with spiced fruit
- Banana Nut Bread
- Tuna Mornay