- 500 grams potatoes, floury, e.g Sebago, Coliban, peeled and quartered
- 1 --- onion, peeled and quartered
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon Sourcream
- 1 tablespoon Flour, Plain
- salt and pepper to taste
1. Place potato and onion into.
2. Blitz 4-5 seconds /sp 4-6, until roughly chopped
3. Place the potato onion mixture into the basket and using your hands or the MC, press down and squeeze out as much liquid as possible.
4. Return to.
5. Add the remaining ingredients and mix sp5 , for 5-10 seconds, or until just combined. The mixture should stay together in your hand when you spueeze a small amount together.If its too wet add TBSPNS of flour until it binds.
6. Add a good splash of Olive oil (not EVVO) to a frying pan and heat.
7. Drop generous tablespoons full of mixture into pan and flatten slightly with the back of a spoon.
8. Reduce heat slightly and cook until golden and crunchy, then flip carefully and fry on the other side
9. Place on a paper towel to drain and then place in a warm oven to keep warm while makng the others.
This is another treasure I found in my (German) Mum's handwritten cookbook, and I have lovingly transformed it to "thermospeak".
I have fond memories of this delicios, crunchy treat.She often served them as they are with a glass of milk, for a quick and easy light dinner, or as a side dish.
You can serve them in various ways.
Despite being savoury in flavour, my favourite way is to serve them with a sprinkle of sugar and applesauce.
However, they are also yummy served with salt and pepper and a splash of vinegar, a dollop of sour cream and a rasher of bacon...The perfect brunch.
My (now adult) children still ask for these when they come to visit
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Aussie potato scallops
- Dotty's Melting moments with Maple buttercream
- Heidi's onion and bacon bread bake "zwiebelkuchen"
- Golden Sultana Cake
- Mixed berry Cheesecake trifle
- Mini cheesecake tarts 2 ways.
- Blueberry and Banana Cake
- Cinnamon swirl cake
- Chocolate crackle Caramel slice
- Viennese whirls
- Kingston biscuits
- Old fashioned Cream buns
- Easy as apple tea cake
- Cheats Peach or Apple Kuchen
- Sam's Simple Satay
- Variation Chicken Broccoli Bake
- Roast cauliflower dhal soup
- Banana oat pancake
- Iced Chocolate Biscuits
- Sultana & coconut slice
- Cinnamon Apple Slice
- Quinoa, Chickpea & Spinach Balls in Tomato Sauce
- Hearty Beef Stew With Dumplings
- Quince relish for Irina