- 500 grams potatoes, floury, e.g Sebago, Coliban, peeled and quartered
- 1 --- onion, peeled and quartered
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon Sourcream
- 1 tablespoon Flour, Plain
- salt and pepper to taste
1. Place potato and onion into.
2. Blitz 4-5 seconds /sp 4-6, until roughly chopped
3. Place the potato onion mixture into the basket and using your hands or the MC, press down and squeeze out as much liquid as possible.
4. Return to.
5. Add the remaining ingredients and mix sp5 , for 5-10 seconds, or until just combined. The mixture should stay together in your hand when you spueeze a small amount together.If its too wet add TBSPNS of flour until it binds.
6. Add a good splash of Olive oil (not EVVO) to a frying pan and heat.
7. Drop generous tablespoons full of mixture into pan and flatten slightly with the back of a spoon.
8. Reduce heat slightly and cook until golden and crunchy, then flip carefully and fry on the other side
9. Place on a paper towel to drain and then place in a warm oven to keep warm while makng the others.
This is another treasure I found in my (German) Mum's handwritten cookbook, and I have lovingly transformed it to "thermospeak".
I have fond memories of this delicios, crunchy treat.She often served them as they are with a glass of milk, for a quick and easy light dinner, or as a side dish.
You can serve them in various ways.
Despite being savoury in flavour, my favourite way is to serve them with a sprinkle of sugar and applesauce.
However, they are also yummy served with salt and pepper and a splash of vinegar, a dollop of sour cream and a rasher of bacon...The perfect brunch.
My (now adult) children still ask for these when they come to visit
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Durban Naan
- Mashed Potato and Steamed Vegetables (Steamer and Varoma)
- Mexican Rice
- Stir Fry Broccoli
- Loaded Hash Browns
- Red Cabbage, Beetroot & Apple Sauerkraut (Adaption from The Clever Guts Diet)
- Festive Avacado Dip
- Cauliflower Zuccini rice with cashew nuts
- Oma's warm Red Cabbage with Apple
- Sweet and Sour Beans
- Mash and steamed veg
- Viennese whirls
- Jaffa Cheesecake Slice
- Kingston biscuits
- Old fashioned Cream buns
- Creamy garlic prawns
- Chocolate coconut cake
- Dotty’s Apple Sponge with GF options
- Dotty’s Ginger biscuits
- Ham, cheese and pineapple muffins
- Mocha brownies with a Coffee glaze
- Heidi's German Streusel cake with apple and pudding
- Wholemeal rolls
- Durban Naan
- White Chocolate and Coconut Rice Pudding
- Banana Nut Bread
- Tuna Mornay
- Garlic & Parsley Burgers
- Mums Fluffy Cupcakes
- Bulk Batch Mini Quiches 54 - 62 approx
- CREAMY SWEET POTATO SECRET RISOTTO spinach mushrooms parmesan
- Roasted Capsicum and Tomato soup with Goats Cheese
- Shepherds pie
- Apricot Slice
- Russian Honey Cake