- 500 grams potatoes, floury, e.g Sebago, Coliban, peeled and quartered
- 1 --- onion, peeled and quartered
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon Sourcream
- 1 tablespoon Flour, Plain
- salt and pepper to taste
1. Place potato and onion into.
2. Blitz 4-5 seconds /sp 4-6, until roughly chopped
3. Place the potato onion mixture into the basket and using your hands or the MC, press down and squeeze out as much liquid as possible.
4. Return to.
5. Add the remaining ingredients and mix sp5 , for 5-10 seconds, or until just combined. The mixture should stay together in your hand when you spueeze a small amount together.If its too wet add TBSPNS of flour until it binds.
6. Add a good splash of Olive oil (not EVVO) to a frying pan and heat.
7. Drop generous tablespoons full of mixture into pan and flatten slightly with the back of a spoon.
8. Reduce heat slightly and cook until golden and crunchy, then flip carefully and fry on the other side
9. Place on a paper towel to drain and then place in a warm oven to keep warm while makng the others.
This is another treasure I found in my (German) Mum's handwritten cookbook, and I have lovingly transformed it to "thermospeak".
I have fond memories of this delicios, crunchy treat.She often served them as they are with a glass of milk, for a quick and easy light dinner, or as a side dish.
You can serve them in various ways.
Despite being savoury in flavour, my favourite way is to serve them with a sprinkle of sugar and applesauce.
However, they are also yummy served with salt and pepper and a splash of vinegar, a dollop of sour cream and a rasher of bacon...The perfect brunch.
My (now adult) children still ask for these when they come to visit
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Traditional buttery mash potato
- Better than K*C Coleslaw
- Ayurvedic Quinoa Khichari with Mung Dal, Carrot & Kale
- Mashed potatoes
- Cucumber Yoghurt (kheyar b laban)
- Saute Sweet corn Kernel
- Asian Slaw Dressing
- Dairy Free Potato Salad
- Cauliflower Cheese & Bacon Fritters
- Pea & Mint Hummus
- Cauliflower whip
- Pork floss
- **Sugar free, egg free, dairy free** Apple , banana and carrot baby/toddler muffins
- Blueberry jam
- Aussie potato scallops or Potato Cakes
- Dotty's Melting moments with Maple buttercream
- Heidi's onion and bacon bread bake "zwiebelkuchen"
- Golden Sultana Cake
- Mixed berry Cheesecake trifle
- Mini cheesecake tarts 2 ways.
- Blueberry and Banana Cake
- Cinnamon swirl cake
- Chocolate crackle Caramel slice
- Viennese whirls
- Baked Espresso Martini Cheesecake with Kahlua Syrup
- Brown sugar and toffee cookies
- One-banana Banana Bread
- Pumpkin & Brown Rice Quiche
- Banana and white chocolate brownies
- The Fast 800 Broccoli and Blue Cheese Soup converted by Thermo-lish
- The. Fast 800 Chicken Pieces with Parmesan Crumb converted by Thermo-lish
- Tracy’s Beef Rendang
- Mushroom bolognese
- Chinese Cabbage and Pork Bun
- Rice and lentils (majadra)
- White Chocolate and Raspberry slice