- 100 grams white rice
- 1100 grams water
Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
- Place steaming basket in mixing bowl and weigh 100g rice.
- Tare weighing scale and weigh 1100g water. Do not be concerned if water does not cover the rice. All you need is for the water to touch the bottom of the steaming basket and seep into the base level of rice.
- Cover with lid and mc, cook at 18m/100deg/sp3.5 unless planning to steam other dishes concurrently in varoma basket. See tip #2 for details.
- Remove simmering basket IMMEDIATELY with the aid of your spatula when machine chimes and tip the rice into a Thermoserver or pot with lid.
- Cover and allow rice to rest for at least 10 minutes to evenly redistribute moisture. The resting step is the most important to achieve a fluffy, non-soggy rice. Do not skip, do not pass go or collect $200.
Tip #1: This cooking works for any amount of rice up to 300g. Same amount of water applies regardless of whether you cook as little as 50g or 300g. I estimate 50g of rice per adult portion and that's plenty on average.
Tip #2: By cooking this at Varoma instead of 100deg, you can stack your varoma basket on top of the lid instead of inserting MC and steam a variety of dishes to go with rice.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Traditional buttery mash potato
- Better than K*C Coleslaw
- Ayurvedic Quinoa Khichari with Mung Dal, Carrot & Kale
- Mashed potatoes
- Cucumber Yoghurt (kheyar b laban)
- Saute Sweet corn Kernel
- Asian Slaw Dressing
- Dairy Free Potato Salad
- Cauliflower Cheese & Bacon Fritters
- Pea & Mint Hummus
- Cauliflower whip
- Pork floss
- Sweet Chilli Sauce
- Spinach and ricotta pie
- Heidi's German Butterkuchen (Buttercake)
- Barbecued pork ribs
- Steamed Chicken Dumplings with Chilli Glaze
- Caramel butterscotch scrolls
- Baby banana oatmeal
- Jakel's Moreish Caramel Mud Cake
- Mandy’s Chicken and Mushroom Filling
- mint sauce tm5
- Authentic Lebanese Brown Lentil Soup
- Green wellness juice