- 5 grams piece fresh ginger
- 1 red chilli fresh, option to deseed
- 1 clove garlic, optional
- 400 grams Carrots, roughly chopped
- 50 grams almonds
- 40 grams Handful of Corriander leaves
- 1 lemon
- salt, to taste
- 10 grams EVOO (extra virgin olive oil)
- 80 grams baby spinach leaves
Add ginger, lemon zest, chilli & garlic to TM bowl, 5 secs on speed 7.
Add lemon juice and remaining ingredients (except spinach) & process 3 secs on speed 5.
Serve on a bed of baby spinach leaves.
Spicy Carrot Salad
Thanks to Jamie Oliver for this recipe, I have changed slightly.
He recommends to serve with curries- I am happy to eat it for lunch
You may also like to add a drained tin of chickpeas stired in at the end to make it more of a meal.
Or add cucumber & or fresh mint- so many options!
Try lime instead of lemon- delicious!,
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Fresh Beetroot Salad
- Strawberry & Rosewater Sorbet for Cocktails/Mocktails
- Wonton Wrappers
- Garlic Sweet Potato Wedges
- Rhubarb Clafoutis
- Rhubarb & White Chocolate Cupcakes
- Gingerbread & Cream Cup Cakes
- Spicy Roasted Sweet Potato & Cauli "Rice"
- French Savory Cake
- Flu fighter Chicken Soup
- Beef & Veg 'Stirfry' with Cauliflower "Rice"
- Shredded chicken/chicken & veg soup & boiled eggs