THERMOMIX ® RECIPE
- 1 cauliflower head, outer leaves removed (about 1kg)
- 100 g shelled and unsalted pistachios
- 20 g fresh flat-leaf parsley, leaves only, washed and well-dried
- 20 g fresh coriander, leaves and stems, washed and well-dried
- 20 g fresh mint leaves, washed and well-dries
- 80 g extra virgin olive oil
- 40 g freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp ground allspice (or 1/2 tsp ras el hanout)
- 2 pinches salt
- 2 pinches Freshly ground black pepper
- 100 g craisins (dried cranberries), Oceanspray brand
- 2 pomegranates, arils only
- pomegranate molasses, to drizzle (can make without)
- fresh coriander, mint, parsley, roughly chopped, to garnish
- sumac, sprinkle to serve
To prepare the cauliflower, first trim the stalks from the core and discard the core. Next, cut the very top of the florets off the stalks and set florets aside in a bowl. Place stalks into mixing bowl and chop 10 sec/speed 7. If needed, scrape down sides of bowl with spatula and chop a further 10 sec/speed 7. Set aside in a large salad bowl.
Place half of the reserved cauliflower florets into mixing bowl and chop 2 sec/speed 5, or until slightly courser than the stalks. Set aside in the salad bowl.
Place remaining cauliflower florets and pistachios into mixing bowl and chop 2 sec/speed 5. Set aside in the salad bowl.
Place parsley, mint and coriander into mixing bowl and chop 2 sec/speed 6. Set aside in the salad bowl.
Place all dressing ingredients into mixing bowl and mix 10 sec/speed 5 and pour over 'cous cous' in the salad bowl. Top with craisins and pomegranate arils, then drizzle with pomegranate molasses, sprinkle with sumac, coriander and parsley and lightly toss before serving.
Dressing and to serve
Accessories you need
· Serve as a light meal or as a side dish to fish, chicken or quail.
· To remove the pomegranate arils from the fruit using your Thermomix, simply place two pomegranate quarters into mixing bowl and pulse 1 sec//speed 4to remove arils. Discard the skin and pith and set pomegranate arils aside in serving bowl. Repeat until all pomegranate quarters are used. Set all arils aside in serving bowl.
You can watch a video of this on our You Tube channel
Click here to watch a video of Matt Stone making this recipe.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Ayurvedic Quinoa Khichari with Mung Dal, Carrot & Kale
- Mashed potatoes
- Cucumber Yoghurt (kheyar b laban)
- Saute Sweet corn Kernel
- Asian Slaw Dressing
- Dairy Free Potato Salad
- Cauliflower Cheese & Bacon Fritters
- Pea & Mint Hummus
- Cauliflower whip
- Pork floss
- SAUERKRAUT WITH RASPBERRY + THYME
- Prisca's Plain White Rice
- Chocolate fondant cake
- Basil pesto
- Meatballs with Sauce & Veggie Noodles
- Beef Rendang (Indonesian Beef, Chilli And Coconut Dry Curry)
- Lemonade Scones
- Variation Easy American Banana Cookies
- Cheat's sourdough
- Creamy Garlic Lemon Butter Sauce
- onion sauce
- Basic Baleada
- CWA Afgans Biscuits
- Smooth Peanut Butter