- 1500 g chicken stock, Made using my Chicken Stock Paste recipe &amp;amp; water!
- 2-3 egg whites, lightly whisked
- 2-4 tsp soy sauce
- 2 cm ginger, cut into 2mm coins
- 2 cloves garlic, sliced
- 1 stalk lemongrass, bruised
- 1/2 tsp Whole Black Peppercorns
- 1 red chilli, cut into 2cm pieces
- Kaffir lime leaves
- coriander leaves and stems, cut into 5cm lengths
- 2-3 Chicken thigh fillets, cut into thirds
- Spinach Leaves, (lots!) shredded by hand
- mushrooms, thinly sliced
- coriander leaves, chopped (optional)
You can make as much soup as you like, depending on how many mouths you wish to feed. I use about 500g stock per person, along with 1 egg white and 1 chicken thigh per person too. This is an incredibly easy soup to make, particularly if you're using my homemade chicken stock paste!
Add water and stock paste to the TM bowl.
Add any or all of the optional infusion ingredients to the simmer basket and insert the basket into the TM bowl.
Place the chicken thigh fillets into the Varoma and position the Varoma on top of the closed lid of the Thermomix.
Cook for 20-30 minutes / Varoma temp / speed 2. If you are short on time, why not use boiled water from the kettle? This will reduce the cooking time by about 8 minutes.
Regularly check whether the chicken is completely cooked, and once cooked, set aside to cool slightly, regardless of whether the timer has gone off or not. Continue simmering the stock until the time is up.
Remove the simmer basket and discard the infustion ingredients.
Place the raw spinach, mushrooms and coriander (if using) inside a ThermoServer and set aside.
Whisk the egg whites in a small jug with a spout (the TM5's MC works well!).
Leave the MC off and set the TM to 2 minutes / 100° / reverse / speed 2-3 (you will want to see a gentle vortex) and while the blades are turning very slowly pour the egg white through the hole in the lid of the TM (try to take about 1.5 to 2 minutes to do this). It is best to use a small jug as the pouring sport will make it easier to get a thin stream of egg white.
Taste the soup and add soy sauce if desired (this will give it a more Asian flavour). Pour the Egg Drop Soup into the ThermoServer and close the lid so the soup stays hot and wilts the vegetables while you shred the chicken.
No need to clean the bowl. Add the cooked chicken and shred the chicken on reverse / speed 4 for 4-10 seconds until you have the desired texture. Be careful not to over shred the chicken because it can turn to a paste quite easily, which won't be as effective!
Add the shredded chicken to the ThermoServer, stir to combine and serve immediately. Enjoy...
This soup is absolutely delicious and so very easy to make. The trick is in using a good quality stock to bring out the best flavour! Apologies that my photo isn't brilliant but I will be sure to make it again soon so I can take more photos.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Authentic Lebanese Brown Lentil Soup
- The Fast 800 Broccoli and Blue Cheese Soup converted by Thermo-lish
- Lettuce and Pea Soup
- Curried pumpkin & cauliflower soup
- Sweet Poato & Carrot Soup
- Manaya's chicken noodle soup
- BBQ Pork Ramen
- Spicy beef noodle soup (TM6 only)- Chef Mark Southon
- Chicken noodle soup
- Lurgy Busting Roasted Tomato, Garlic & Capsicum Soup
- Creamy Celeriac and Parsnip Soup
- Vegetarian Minestone
- Savoury Crackers
- Spicy Capsicum and Feta Zucchetti (spiralised Zucchini "spaghetti")
- Chicken Stock Paste
- Mulligatawny Soup (Curried Chicken and Rice Soup)
- Carola's Brussels Sprout Delight
- Carola's Cauliflower Soup
- Gulab Jamun
- Spinach and Tuna Lasagne
- Mango & Pistachio Icecream Log
- Pita Bread Pockets
- Shoarma (Shawarma)
- Carola's Mayonnaise
- Marinated flank steak
- Sweet Chilli Sauce
- Hanne's porcupines
- Barbecued pork ribs
- Shogayaki Donburi (Gingered Pork on rice)
- Zucchini Slice - paleo, keto, gluten free
- Steamed Chicken Dumplings with Chilli Glaze
- Cranberry & Prosciutto Stuffing Cups
- Shonna's Rissoles/Patties
- Mandy’s Chicken and Mushroom Filling
- Green wellness juice
- Teriyaki salmon with rice