- 3 Garlic cloves peeled
- 2 celery stalks, roughly chopped
- 2 carrots, roughly chopped
- --- parsley, handful
- 2 level teaspoon ground cumin
- 30 grams Olive Oli
- 1.110 grams water
- 3 level tablespoons Vegetable Stock Concentrate (EDC), or more depending on your taste preference
- 65 grams white rice
- 1 level teaspoon salt
- 1 bay leaf fresh or dried
- 1 level teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 400 gram tin chopped tomatoes
- 400 grams tin chickpeas, Drained and rinsed
Toast ground cumin. 3 minutes, Varoma, Speed 1. Set aside
Chop parsley, speed 7, 5 seconds. Set aside
Add onion and garlic cloves, chop Speed 7, 5 seconds. Scrape down sides.
Add 30g Olive Oil, saute onion and garlic. 4 minutes, Varoma,
Add carrots and celery, chop Speed 6, 2 - 3 second. Scrape down sides.
Saute carrots, celery, onion and garlic for a further 3 minutes, 100 Degrees,
Add Water and Vegetable Stock Concentrate. Bring stock to a simmer by cooking for 8 minutes, 100 Degrees, , Speed 1. Remove the MC and place Simmering Basket on top of lid to stop soup bubbling/spitting.
Add Salt, Ground Cumin, Black Pepper, Bay Leaf, Rice and Parsley. Add Tin of Chopped Tomatoes. Cook 13 minutes, 100 Degrees, , Speed 1. Remove the MC and place Simmering Basket on top of lid to stop soup bubbling/spitting.
Add Chickpeas and cook for a further 20 minues, 100 Degrees, , Speed 1. Remove the MC and place Simmering Basket on top of lid to stop soup bubbling/spitting.
Serve hot. Garnish with Lemon Wedges, Fresh Coriander Leaves and a sprinkling of fresh grated Parmesan Cheese. This soup can be refridgerated for 3 days. Reheat before serving.
This is one of my favorite meal in a bowl soups. The recipe comes from "The Occasional Vegetarian, a wonderful cookbook by Karen Lee that shows you can eat flavorful food without meat. I've adapted it for the Thermomix. Enjoy!
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Orange Soup - Pumpkin, Sweet Potato & Carrots
- Quick Beef Pho for Two
- Jen's Crab and Corn Chowder
- Vegan Lentil Soup
- Chinese Style Chicken and Corn Soup
- Asian Chicken Noodle Soup
- VEGAN Cheesy Broccoli Soup - LCHF
- Yummy Chicken & Vegetable Soup
- Chicken & Sweetcorn Soup
- Chicken Bone Broth Soup and whole steamed chook
- Variation Curried lentil and pumpkin soup
- Curry Pea Soup
- Brown Rice and Chicken Salad with Asian style dressing
- Blueberry yogurt muffins
- Balinese Corn Fritters
- TIPSY TART (a,k.a - Cape Brandy Pudding)
- Healthy Chocolates
- More Again Dairy Free Carbonara
- More Again Risotto
- More Again Caramel Snickers
- Fruit & Veggie Muffins (based on Super Healthy Kids recipe)
- Vegan Chocolate Chia Hemp Pudding
- Salted caramel & meringue tart
- Crispy nutty crackers