- 3 Garlic cloves peeled
- 2 celery stalks, roughly chopped
- 2 carrots, roughly chopped
- --- parsley, handful
- 2 level teaspoon ground cumin
- 30 grams Olive Oli
- 1.110 grams water
- 3 level tablespoons Vegetable Stock Concentrate (EDC), or more depending on your taste preference
- 65 grams white rice
- 1 level teaspoon salt
- 1 bay leaf fresh or dried
- 1 level teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 400 gram tin chopped tomatoes
- 400 grams tin chickpeas, Drained and rinsed
Toast ground cumin. 3 minutes, Varoma, Speed 1. Set aside
Chop parsley, speed 7, 5 seconds. Set aside
Add onion and garlic cloves, chop Speed 7, 5 seconds. Scrape down sides.
Add 30g Olive Oil, saute onion and garlic. 4 minutes, Varoma,
Add carrots and celery, chop Speed 6, 2 - 3 second. Scrape down sides.
Saute carrots, celery, onion and garlic for a further 3 minutes, 100 Degrees,
Add Water and Vegetable Stock Concentrate. Bring stock to a simmer by cooking for 8 minutes, 100 Degrees,, Speed 1. Remove the MC and place Simmering Basket on top of lid to stop soup bubbling/spitting.
Add Salt, Ground Cumin, Black Pepper, Bay Leaf, Rice and Parsley. Add Tin of Chopped Tomatoes. Cook 13 minutes, 100 Degrees, Remove the MC and place Simmering Basket on top of lid to stop soup bubbling/spitting., Speed 1.
Add Chickpeas and cook for a further 20 minues, 100 Degrees, Remove the MC and place Simmering Basket on top of lid to stop soup bubbling/spitting., Speed 1.
Serve hot. Garnish with Lemon Wedges, Fresh Coriander Leaves and a sprinkling of fresh grated Parmesan Cheese. This soup can be refridgerated for 3 days. Reheat before serving.
This is one of my favorite meal in a bowl soups. The recipe comes from "The Occasional Vegetarian, a wonderful cookbook by Karen Lee that shows you can eat flavorful food without meat. I've adapted it for the Thermomix. Enjoy!
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Amazing Vegetable Soup
- GF Pea and Ham Soup
- Rima’s Maryam Mounajed’s ChefItUp’s Lentil Soup
- 20 min Quick & Easy Leek, potato & Lentil Soup
- Pumpkin soup
- Curried Pumpkin Soup
- MN Teta's Hamid Soup
- Grießklöschensuppe (German Dumpling soup)
- Kath's Chicken, Ginger and Turmeric Soup with Pearl Couscous
- Coconut and Pea Soup
- Sopa de tomate com ovo escalfado
- Moroccan pumpkin soup