- 3 Garlic cloves peeled
- 2 celery stalks, roughly chopped
- 2 carrots, roughly chopped
- --- parsley, handful
- 2 level teaspoon ground cumin
- 30 grams Olive Oli
- 1.110 grams water
- 3 level tablespoons Vegetable Stock Concentrate (EDC), or more depending on your taste preference
- 65 grams white rice
- 1 level teaspoon salt
- 1 bay leaf fresh or dried
- 1 level teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 400 gram tin chopped tomatoes
- 400 grams tin chickpeas, Drained and rinsed
Toast ground cumin. 3 minutes, Varoma, Speed 1. Set aside
Chop parsley, speed 7, 5 seconds. Set aside
Add onion and garlic cloves, chop Speed 7, 5 seconds. Scrape down sides.
Add 30g Olive Oil, saute onion and garlic. 4 minutes, Varoma,
Add carrots and celery, chop Speed 6, 2 - 3 second. Scrape down sides.
Saute carrots, celery, onion and garlic for a further 3 minutes, 100 Degrees,
Add Water and Vegetable Stock Concentrate. Bring stock to a simmer by cooking for 8 minutes, 100 Degrees, , Speed 1. Remove the MC and place Simmering Basket on top of lid to stop soup bubbling/spitting.
Add Salt, Ground Cumin, Black Pepper, Bay Leaf, Rice and Parsley. Add Tin of Chopped Tomatoes. Cook 13 minutes, 100 Degrees, , Speed 1. Remove the MC and place Simmering Basket on top of lid to stop soup bubbling/spitting.
Add Chickpeas and cook for a further 20 minues, 100 Degrees, , Speed 1. Remove the MC and place Simmering Basket on top of lid to stop soup bubbling/spitting.
Serve hot. Garnish with Lemon Wedges, Fresh Coriander Leaves and a sprinkling of fresh grated Parmesan Cheese. This soup can be refridgerated for 3 days. Reheat before serving.
This is one of my favorite meal in a bowl soups. The recipe comes from "The Occasional Vegetarian, a wonderful cookbook by Karen Lee that shows you can eat flavorful food without meat. I've adapted it for the Thermomix. Enjoy!
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Vegetable and Red Lentil Soup
- Left Over Chicken Soup
- Quick Asian Noodle soup
- Mushroom cappuccino - Dani Valent
- Vegetable and Lentil Soup
- Creamy Celery, Potato and Leek Soup
- Tom Kha Gai (Thai Coconut Soup)
- Cauliflower, Zucchini & Leek Soup with Bacon Dust & Goats Cheese
- Prawn & Chicken Laksa
- Chicken & sweet corn soup
- Best Ever Creamy Tomato & Bacon Soup
- Chicken and Corn Noodle Soup
- Bindy’s Mud Cake
- Deep Dark Chocolate Cake
- Curried Turkey Burgers
- Quinoa with mixed greens and yoghurt dressing
- Smoked Paprika Butter
- Portuguese Milk Buns
- Kristie's Oil Free Chicken Marinate
- Vegan Bolognese Pasta Sauce
- Tomato sausage pasta
- Thick Bechamel Sauce
- Left Over Chicken Soup
- Peach & Cream Cheese Muffins with Mixed Berry Swirl