- 500 g mushrooms, (approx 20 cup or 8 large mushrooms)
- freshly ground salt and pepper
- 2 cloves garlic
- 15 g butter, plus extra to garnish
- 50 g parmesan cheese, plus extra to garnish
- few sprigs fresh thyme remove from stems if woody
- 50 g walnuts or walnut pieces
- dried paprika
- 300 g fresh ricotta cheese (from deli, not in tub)
1/ Pre-heat oven to 180 degrees. Remove stems from mushrooms and set aside. Place mushrooms (gills facing upwards) on an oven tray lined with baking paper. Season with salt and pepper
2/ Add to TM bowl garlic and reserved mushroom stems. Chop 2 seconds, speed 6.
3/ Add 15g butter to TM bowl and sauté for 2 minutes, 100 degrees, speed 1. Remove mixture and set aside. Wash and dry TM bowl.
4/ Add the parmesan, thyme, and walnuts to the TM bowl with a pinch each of salt, pepper, and paprika. Set the dial to closed lid position and press Turbo 4-5 times.
5/ Add ricotta and reserved garlic and mushroom stem mixture to the TM bowl. Mix 5 seconds, speed 5.
6/Spoon a generous amount of filling into each mushroom cup, top with extra thyme sprigs, parmesan shavings and a small piece of butter then sprinkle with paprika.
7/ Bake for 15-20 minutes at 180 degrees or until golden and bubbling. Serve immediately.
These tasty little morsels make great finger food, or use larger mushrooms for a vegetarian entrée (set on a handful of rocket and drizzle with olive oil, caramelized balsamic reduction and shavings of parmesan).
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Chicken and Zucchini brown rice Risotto
- Jamie Oliver's Tray Baked Sole
- Spinach and Ricotta Ravioli in Creamy Pesto Sauce
- LCHF egg curry
- Bacon and mushroom pasta (light version made with milk not cream)
- Tom Kha Gai (Thai Coconut Soup)
- Variation Chicken Laksa
- Curried mince with rice
- Cauliflower, Zucchini & Leek Soup with Bacon Dust & Goats Cheese
- Kampung Fried Rice (Village style fried rice)
- Supersize Hamburger
- Classic Barbecue Sauce