- 500 g mushrooms, (approx 20 cup or 8 large mushrooms)
- freshly ground salt and pepper
- 2 cloves garlic
- 15 g butter, plus extra to garnish
- 50 g parmesan cheese, plus extra to garnish
- few sprigs fresh thyme remove from stems if woody
- 50 g walnuts or walnut pieces
- dried paprika
- 300 g fresh ricotta cheese (from deli, not in tub)
1/ Pre-heat oven to 180 degrees. Remove stems from mushrooms and set aside. Place mushrooms (gills facing upwards) on an oven tray lined with baking paper. Season with salt and pepper
2/ Add to TM bowl garlic and reserved mushroom stems. Chop 2 seconds, speed 6.
3/ Add 15g butter to TM bowl and sauté for 2 minutes, 100 degrees, speed 1. Remove mixture and set aside. Wash and dry TM bowl.
4/ Add the parmesan, thyme, and walnuts to the TM bowl with a pinch each of salt, pepper, and paprika. Set the dial to closed lid position and press Turbo 4-5 times.
5/ Add ricotta and reserved garlic and mushroom stem mixture to the TM bowl. Mix 5 seconds, speed 5.
6/Spoon a generous amount of filling into each mushroom cup, top with extra thyme sprigs, parmesan shavings and a small piece of butter then sprinkle with paprika.
7/ Bake for 15-20 minutes at 180 degrees or until golden and bubbling. Serve immediately.
These tasty little morsels make great finger food, or use larger mushrooms for a vegetarian entrée (set on a handful of rocket and drizzle with olive oil, caramelized balsamic reduction and shavings of parmesan).
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Chicken Paella
- Garden vegetables tagliatelle
- Lamb Saag Curry (FODMAP friendly)
- Spicy Rum BBQ Sauce
- Beef Chili with Canadian twist
- Roasted snapper with Romesco, pickled vegetable and ricotta salad and a pink grapefruit Hollandaise - Mark Southon
- Quinoa and Salmon Pumpkin Salad
- Vietnamese Chicken Salad
- Seitan (vegan mock meat) with crumb mix and gravy
- vegan mac and cheese (veganhuggs)
- Inside-out chicken parmigiana - Dani Valent
- Thai Green Chicken Curry with Coconut Rice