THERMOMIX ® RECIPE
- 250 g ricotta cheese
- 1 tbsp freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 0.5 tsp saffron threads, or 1/4 tsp saffron powder
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 egg yolk
- sea salt and black pepper, to taste
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 250 g grapeseed or safflower oil
- 500 g chicken breast fillet, cut into 3-4 cm cubes
- 1 egg
- 70 g breadcrumbs
- 30 g Parmesan cheese, grated
- 60 g fresh spinach leaves
- 20 g fresh basil leaves
- 1 tsp sea salt
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- olive oil, to shallow fry
Line TM basket with a clean tea towel or muslin cloth then place TM basket into the centre of a large bowl. Place ricotta into TM basket and close tea towel or muslin over the top. Place a weight on top of the tea towel or muslin (e.g. bowl or jar) then transfer into the refrigerator for four hours to drain.
Soak saffron threads in freshly squeezed lemon juice for at least 20 minutes. Set aside.
Place garlic into mixing bowl and chop 3 sec/speed 7. Scrape down sides of mixing bowl with spatula.
Insert butterfly. Add reserved lemon saffron mix and all remaining ingredients, except the oil, and mix 20 sec/speed 4.
With blades rotating on speed 4 and measuring cupin place, gradually pour oil onto mixing bowl lid to emulsify. Add oil at a steady pace, slowly to start with and then faster as the mayonnaise starts to emulsify. This process should take 2-3 minutes.
Set aside in refrigerator while you make your polpettine.
Preheat oven to 180°C. Line two baking trays with baking paper and set aside.
Place chicken into mixing bowl and mince 7 sec/speed 7.
Add reserved ricotta and all remaining ingredients, except the oil, and combine 1 min/speed 10.
Use two dessert spoons to scoop oval shaped polpettine of chicken mix.
Heat a large frying pan with olive oil over a medium heat. Place polpettine into the hot pan and brown on each side, then place onto prepared baking trays. Repeat until all mix is used.
Transfer polpettine into oven (180°C) and bake for six minutes, or until cooked through. Serve warm polpettine with saffron mayonnaise on the side.
Chicken and spinach polpettine
Serve polpettine as a light meal with a side salad or as finger food.
Total time for this recipe includes draining time for the ricotta.
Click here to watch a video of our Thermomix Kitchen demonstrating how to make mayonnaise.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Sourdough discard Raisin Bread
- Potato Gnocchi with creamy chicken and mushroom
- Quick & easy pancakes
- Okonomiyaki (Japanese pancake)
- The best double chocolate chip cookies
- The best choc chip cookies
- Ultimate Chocolate Brownie (Variation)
- Pumpkin, Broccoli and Ricotta Pasta Bake
- Almond and Carrot Cake
- Zucchini and Haloumi Frittera with Yoghurt and Salsa
- Gluten Free Chocolate Brownies
- Ultimate Chocolate Blondie (Variation)