- 150 g 1 large brown onion
- 10 g garlic
- 125 g Danish style unsalted butter
- 1 heaped teaspoon caraway seeds
- 3 bayleaves
- 500 g chicken livers
Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
- Chop onion and garlic, speed 6, 2 seconds.
- Add 50 g of butter, caraway seeds and bay leaves and saute for 3 minutes at Varoma temp, followed by 5 minutes at 100 degrees, . Transfer to a bowl.
- Without cleaning the jug, heat to Varoma temp, and once temperature is reached add chicken livers (previously rinsed in water and obvious white tissue removed) through the lid. Continue cooking for 3 minutes.
- Add onions (minus bayleaves) puree at speed 6 for 5 seconds. Scrape down sides and add salt and pepper. Puree at speed 6 for 5 seconds.
- Place the jug in the fridge for 45 minutes to cool. Meanwhile chop the remaining butter into small cubes and leave at room temperature.
- Add butter and puree on speed 6 for 10 seconds, scrape down sides and mix on speed 4 for 5 seconds.
- Transfer to small (e.g. 50g) plastic tubs and freeze for later use or refridgerate for use within a day or two. Transfer frozen portions to the refrigerator the day before needed.
Accessories you need
While onions are cooking prep chicken livers.
While chicken livers are cooking turn measuring cup upside down to catch spits while still allowing to vent.
The final texture is better if the butter added at the end doesn't melt, so if you can let the mixture cool for longer a better result may be achieved.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.