- 300 grams dried chick peas
- 1 bunch coriander, Including roots and stems
- 1 bunch Continental Parsley
- 1 brown onion, Cut into quarters
- 4 cloves garlic, Peeled
- 2 tablespoons Cumin Powder
- 2 tablespoons coriander powder
- 2 teaspoons TM vegetable stock concentrate
- 2 egg whites
- 3 tablespoons sesame seeds
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 cloves garlic
- 2 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 Whole Egg (Yolk & White)
- sunflower oil
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Sunflower Oil for Deep Frying
1. With blades spinning, drop in garlic through MC hole. Chop 3 sec/speed 7.
2. To TM bowl, add mustard, vinegar and egg.
3. Set timer to 4 mins/37C/Speed 4. After 1 minute, hold down MC so it closes off the hole to the TM bowl, whilst pouring the oil into the lid, until the oil level reaches the rim of the lid. Stop pressing the MC, but leave it in place.
4. Once the oil has dripped into the TM bowl, the mayonnaise is ready. Season with Salt & Pepper.
1. Soak Chick Peas in water overnight to soften. Change water at least once.
2. Place Parsley, Coriander, Onion, Garlic. Blend 10 sec/speed 6. Scrape down bowl, blend 10 sec/speed 6.
3. Please Chick Peas, Cumin, Coriander, Vege Stock Concentrate, Egg Whites, Sesame Seeds and baking powder into TM Bowl. Blend 15 sec/Speed 6. Scrape down bowl, blend 10 sec, Speed 6. Continue in short burst until a coarse paste in achieved.
1. Heat oil for deep frying, in a sauce pan.
2. Roll the felafels into golf ball size balls, put into oil. Do not overcrowd oil.
3. Cook until golden brown (2-3 minutes). Once removed from oil, put on absorbent paper.
4. Serve with mayonnaise.
**Due to the chick peas needing to soak overnight, this recipe must be started the day prior**
The felafels can be made in advance, and reheated in the oven just before serving. Re heat on 180C for 5-7 minutes, until warm.
The mayonnaise can be made well in advance and stored in the fridge.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- F45 Sweet Potato Pancakes
- American Self Rising Biscuits (scones)
- Capsicum, Tomato and Chilli Chutney
- Cocktail Meatballs Spicy and Delicious
- Chilli and lime cashews
- Sour Cream Cherry Slice
- Gluten Free Nutella and Peacan Biscuits
- Beetroot and Orange Spiced Chutney
- Savoury Streusel Muffins
- Gougère puffs with salmon mousse
- Bacon, sweet potato and zucchini slice
- Baked salmon cheesecake